How to make a Secure Disc.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wade7575, Apr 13, 2010.

1. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    I'm wanting to make a few Disc's that are password protected,I tried to do this using Nero 9 reloaded but that was the stupidest thing ever,after the disc was burnt with Nero 9 I get a box asking for the password and does work if the password is entered but here's the really dumb part if you put the disc in again and close the box that's for your password find your DVD Drive just right click and choose open and you can see everything and drag the files to your desktop,now if you double click the DVD Drive it will take you to a webpage and say's you need Nero Secure disc viewer and incd what good is it though if all you have to do is find the DVD Drive and just right click on open to over ride this plus to use this you need to have Nero on the PC you are going to use this disc on.Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make a secure disc using Windows 7 and that can not be so easily fooled also I would like these disc's to work without the need of any special software to be needed on the PC these disc's are going to be used for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. akritasge

akritasge MDL Member

May 25, 2007
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    Thanks guy's I'll be sure to look into those.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. King_Jay16

King_Jay16 MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Roxio Does it too,

6. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    You know I was talking to a friend of mine who is a PC Tech and he is pretty good at what he does and he said in theory that seems like a great idea but then he said the olny problem he could see is that the Password is burned right on the disc and he said he did not know how hard it would be to use a program to read the disc and find out the password but he did'nt seem to think it would be that hard for a good hacker,I asked this same question on another forum and one guy said why not make them into a RAR Archive and put a password on the RAR then burn it to a disc,that seems like it might be a bit more secure to me what do you guys think.

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Nero 9 and Nero 10 MultiMedia Suite does it as well. Works great for me dude. Again, not free though unless you get a torrent or something lol