How to make a Windows Vista x64 multi edition DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Simon19, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Simon19

Simon19 MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2011
    I'm in the MSDNAA and have downloaded a x64 WIn Vista Business disk, now My laptop runs a x64 windows home premieum. long story short my HomePrem recoery media doesnt work. and I dont have a HomePrem disk. How do I make my x64 Business DVD to a AIO disk, as far as i know its not as easy as just deleting ei.cfg in windows 7 disks. what do i have to do to make the dition menu come up in the disk? btw my laptop has a legit COA, nothing needs to be intergrated keys wise.

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Create the AIO same way as you would create a W7 AIO, thats it if I remember it correct.
    Might have to edit..was it a pid file? But that shoudnt be necessary since MSDNN ISO's are retailversions.

Well almost the same way. You'd have to download all versions I believe and merge them, unless you download Ultimate. geez like I said I could be wrong but
    one thing is certain, you cant make a complete AIO with all versions and expect them to fit on a DVD5 (Single layer)

3. Simon19

Simon19 MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2011
    Ah, thanks for your help! Not good then :/ I'll see if i can find a home premieum disk floating around on ebay or amazon sans COA. Never mind. Again thanks for letting me know. at least M$ Took the right step by throwing everything into one disk then with win 7! makes my life so much easier!

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You can download Vista from this section if you can find the thread..