How to make Admuncher Licence Backup

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by xrdguy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. xrdguy

xrdguy MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    Hi Everyone.

I have admuncher installed on my system and It is activated and currently updated with all the ad filters. I format my system very often and when I install admuncher, I have to activate it everytime by going online. I was wondering if there is a way to back up activation licence and filters for future use.

here is text version of install file

[Paths]
    ConfigDat=%COMMONAPPDATA%\Ad Muncher\Config.dat
    CustomStringsDat=%COMMONAPPDATA%\Ad Muncher\CustomStrings.dat
    AdvancedFiltersDat=%COMMONAPPDATA%\Ad Muncher\AdvancedFilters.dat
    UpdateAmc=%COMMONAPPDATA%\Ad Muncher\Update.amc
    LicenseDat=%COMMONAPPDATA%\Ad Muncher\License.dat
    RegistrationDat=%COMMONAPPDATA%\Ad Muncher\Registration.dat
    [Miscellaneous]
    DownloadSource=1
    BrowserExtensionsPassword=
    [InstallPreferences]
    AddBrowserExtensions=1
    LicenseVersionAgreedTo=1.0
    InstallTarget=C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad Muncher
    InstallForAllUsers=1
    LaunchOnStartup=1
    AddStartMenuFolder=1
    SettingsLocation=AllUsers
    KeepCurrentSettingsLocation=0
    CustomSettingsLocation=%COMMONAPPDATA%\Ad Muncher
    CustomLicenseLocation=%COMMONAPPDATA%\Ad Muncher

Is there anything special i need to do to backup the licence.

2. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    I have it also,I think not because the registrastion is check with AdMuncher's server, which validate or not your current valid registration, it's normal because if you can active offline, you can use a older licence to activate it.

windsman.

3. xrdguy

xrdguy MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    Ok.. so i was able to figure it out. Once you had activated your admuncher copy and updated adblock filter then close your admuncher. From file option check show hidden files. Then go to C drive and program data folder( it will be hidden). then there is folder named admuncher. there are 4 files. Config.dat, customstring.dat, licence.dat, registration.dat. Copy all those files as this will be your activation and licence backup. Then if you format your computer or remove your admuncher and reinstall it then you will have again 4 files with different file size in your program data admuncher folder.. Simply delete those files and copy back your backedup 4 files in same folder. it will work. I tested on windows 7 64 bit and it should work for other OS as well.