How to make "Computer" Desktop icon be the first in top left corner like in XP days?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by wazer, May 5, 2014.

1. wazer

wazer MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
  2. wazer

wazer MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    No thats not a solution for it. Since you will have to do that each time you reinstall, icons gets messed up or whatever happen, even resolution changes that occur randomly would fck it up.

I want it integrated into my ISO as a tweak and most likely like a reg fix, i know it is possible, just need a genius to make it ;)

3. wazer

wazer MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #4 wazer, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Okay so i think i found the string, but it gives me an error everytime i try to edit it.. How would i be able to allow this reg entry to be added, i obviously need to shutdown a service, but which one?

48 is the default value, I'm looking to test out value 54 as shown below

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}]
    "SortOrderIndex"=dword:00000054

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Such a difficult task moving an icon around

5. wazer

wazer MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Are you completely retarded?, isn't this a forum where we try to help each other and provide things to learn from each other?, so why are you even saying that, it really is irrelevant what it is for.

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    No not retarded, in-fact I have full use of my right hand which allows me to move icons around

Amazing eh

7. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    it is a forum where people with your attitude will find very little help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    perhaps it is left hand problem ? :biggrin5:

9. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Perhaps it's w**kers cramp :D

10. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    You got a few suggestions on your question, you just don't like the answers you got. The issue you are annoyed with is specific to you as I have never heard anyone have a problem with this. Like others have said, move the icon to where you want it, end of story.

11. Dedek

Dedek MDL Member

Nov 30, 2010
    #13 Dedek, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    It is normal here, dont worry. I myself found not long ago that people here answer questions with completely irrelevant answers and when you point it out -> you are the evil. Such is the state of today`s society, which needs a complete restart, hopefully soon.

A: "Hello, how are you?"
    B: "3 o`clock"
    A: "That is good, and how is the wife and kids?"
    B: "Sunday"
    A: "I am glad that everything is ok, see you soon"

Pretty common here :D So stay strong and hopefully your head will not explode from this LOL.

12. my2cents

my2cents Guest

Personally, I think the suggestions given thus far have been quite relevant to the issue at hand because the OP is trying to integrate something into an ISO that takes about 10 seconds to fix manually; therefore, I doubt that anyone has ever attempted to do such a thing because the effort may not be warranted for most users. However, if the OP offered any further explanation as to why this is so important, he might have received a few different alternative suggestions. For example, if the OP was going to use this image on 100 or so rigs, and for some unknown reason, the OP perceived the need for clean installs to be repeated on a frequent basis, and it was imperative that the icon sort matched his specific requirements, then maybe he would have received some different advice. In summary, some suggestions are well worth further investigation; however, I personally do not see this one as worth the effort based on the information provided. Good luck to the OP in a quest for a solution.

13. wazer

wazer MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009

Well well your right, i want it for personal use and when I'm out helping friends and family ;), so there you go.

14. eydee

eydee Guest

I see the usual situation here. Someone asks a question and people don't know the answer, so they start bitching about it and make it look like as if the OP asked something stupid. It is actually a valid question.

OP:
    1. Try to edit the registry through a kaspersky rescue disk.
    2. You may as well turn off the user profile icon on the desktop, maybe make a regular shortcut instead. Then it won't be first.

15. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    back in the day, i have used "the no automatic arrange icons ...." and a desktop save and restore icons positions software (don't remember the name)... it was a very practical software, i could bring back rapidly the original saved positions ... or when i cloned / reinstalled my hard drive, and bring them back a their place.

16. wazer

wazer MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009

Thanks, will try that, btw how would what if i wanted it integrated into my iso? it that just via setupcomplete? with a reg file added to it?

17. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Instead of taking a little joke, the OP decided to react improperly by humiliating others. Your answer won't help likewise, as the OP is trying to integrate this into an install media :g:.

Can't find a solution likewise ... :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...