How to make F11 recovery partition for windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by streak, Sep 6, 2010.

1. streak

streak MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2010
    how to make F11 bootable recovery partition like branded pc,so we can use system image option in windows7

2. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    use Acronis secure zone!

3. WhiteZero

WhiteZero MDL Junior Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Any free or open source alts?

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    The problem with M$ solutions are they do not keep your image current. Using Acronis allows you to restore an image as up to date as the most recent backup you made and not as you set it up originally.

Acronis is easy, effective and creates images in next to no time rather than complicated procedures that are limited.

Well worth the small investment - "Any free or open source alts? " - I don't know of alternatives that have its features but I'm willing to experiment if there are.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JAMESCLINTON

JAMESCLINTON MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Well 4 me i prefer (EASEUS Todo Backup) and its free,give it a Try.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I don't see any info for EASEUS Todo Backup saying it can make recovery partition that is accessible via Function keys.

7. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Good point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. flasher33

flasher33 MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2009
    well for me I prefer Acronis. Its better safer and more reliable than any thing that I used.
    and the F11 feature Rocks.

9. halte

halte MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2010
    GHOST is the best one I thinck.....

10. Doctor

Doctor MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    i use the free version of macrium reflect.

you need a boot disk for it (10meg) but it restores an image from one partition onto the other.

11. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    But - it is hardly an "F11 - recovery partition" setup is it ? Any backup program can do this.

Acronis is superior in its features - no further discussion required really. Alternatively there are rollback type programs or even "Freeze" types but they're not a recovery partition type setup although Rollback Rx has a pre-boot environment.

12. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
  13. streak

streak MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2010
    it a great software i will test today,is it recover images norton ghost,acronics images

14. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    It works with IMAGEX and a modified version of WINRE (the one automatically installed by Windows 7). But you can add every tool you want to it, as long your are able to use it under WINRE/WINPE.

15. Hyson

Hyson MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    yeap. I read AnarethoS's post and I think his invention is just what Doctor wants, with hidden partition, disaster saving and backup, and sort of F11 or F 7 short-cut key to press during boot.

I am still reading the doc of instruction. Ripping WAIK out in v2.1.1 is good for app distribution, but then it is not easy for ordinary persons to use. WAIK frm MS website is about 1GB .

16. Phixer

Phixer MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2010
    If you follow the intructions, you will not be disappointed. Take your time and you will get exactly what you want.
    I have expressed my gratitude to AnarethoS several times for creating this fantastic program.

17. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    I agree for the small outlay acronis everytime,I just make sure to validate the archive after imaging because Its bummer when you come back to one after a time and you get the corrupt error message! yep lesson learned on that score.

18. Rainey

Rainey MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    Acronis is great and has the F11 , But the F11 feature is no good if the Hard Drive fails, it is only good for bad partition or corrupted installs. So the boot disk method works all the time in all cases. You may save a little time with F11, but if you keep your restore disks in a good safe place then you should no trouble finding them and be able to restore almost as fast as the F11 method. IMHO.