How To Make Some Adapters

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by mcwookie, Mar 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mcwookie

mcwookie MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    Well my friends,

I have a Big trouble, and now I need some help.

The case is following, I upgrade my laptop with a Mod BIOS and does not work any more, I was readed alot of forums and docs to repair them, however, I need some "tools" to do this.

I need an:

- External floppy drives connected by USB
    - Laptop IDE Hard Drive Adapter

I know that i can buy it in ebay but, i can make it? with my own hands?

Any one knows ¿how to do this?

Can any give me a hand?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    You maybe can, but I don't think the amount of work necessary is in any relation to the money you have to spend. You need cables and plugs anyway and you have to make sure that every cable is put correctly. Or you buy a floppy drive, an external case and cables for this.

Why not having a close look at the adapters and then rethinking the whole thing? ;) I've got an adapter for laptop hard drive to IDE - it maybe is possible, but this isn't just a few cables and resistors soldered to a plastic card.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mcwookie

mcwookie MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2010
    Hi, ancestor,

Thanks for your reply, however, this case is no about save money, is like a personal electronic project.

I have many old and broken PCs pieces and I am thinking in give them a "new life", a new use, that is the main idea.

I am a some type of mad cientific... ;)

I know that there are many another ways to repair my laptop, but this is an oportunity to made some new from "trash" (Is like my wife call all my devices), if you understand me.:biggrin::D

Thanks again

Regards,

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Ok I then understand ;)

Anyways the adapters you want to make are a bit special...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...