How to Make the Windows 11 Taskbar Black (#000000)

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by unknownuseraccount, Apr 21, 2022.

1. unknownuseraccount

unknownuseraccount MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2022
  2. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    Why black ? All my life was black.

4. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Black never goes out of style.
    It blends nicely with the display frame - and I have a black display frame, not some snob-white by Apple™
    The smudgy cheap refurbished plastic light / dark theme by Microsoft? Not so much ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Black theme is annoying :annoyed:

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    looks super cool....does it stay black if you update to another build or you have to apply the script every time.

7. unknownuseraccount

unknownuseraccount MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2022
    Hey I dont know who discovered and I dont take any credits! Its just setting some registry stuff so All Credits to The Microsoft Corporation. I did not trust the PureDark because its closed source so now I release this for the MILLIONS of people running 11/10/8.1/8 that might want to fix their taskbar color (by making it black, the best color it could be). why black taskbar? It just looks a million times better this way. and it increases the visual contrast ratio of the content next to the taskbar, making it look even better! And its less obtrusive when you're playing a game or watching a movie in windowed mode...especially combined with a black background. On a OLED screens this probably looks epic. Consider this a bug patch for 600 million Windows installs. Show this to your friends so they can fix it. Youre welcome. :)