How to make Win8.1 look like Win7?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Klamatiel, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Klamatiel

Klamatiel MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    Just as the title says, i want to make 8.1 look like 7's interface. I know about Start8 but that's about it.
    I want transparency, glass, theme etc. Basically i want it to look closely as 7. Any tips/advices?
    And no, i don't want to use 7, i just want a nice looking 8.1.

PS : i'm on 7 now, planning to switch to 8.1 next week.

2. Klamatiel

Klamatiel MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    Thanks! But the theme is for 8 only. "Aero 8 for Windows 8 only! *Do not use on 8.1*"

3. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    There is no Aero Glass inside the Windows 8 and 8.1 RTM versions.

A couple of tools can add such things, but that is not the best way. I think the best way is install Windows 7 and use an Operating System that works as you like... :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Or install StartIsBack and disable all the Metro corners / charms and accept 8.1 theme

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    better yet why bother, stay with seven:D

6. Klamatiel

Klamatiel MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    "And no, i don't want to use 7, i just want a nice looking 8.1. "

Like i said above. Thanks for tip @MrMagic.

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    support for W7 ends in about 10 years or such, Perhaps a little earlier. I don't dig into that because it is useless for the most of us to deal with dinos. If you like 7 stick with it because it is a very good operating system. Fiddling with 8 or 8.1 just to have the looks of 7 is kind of strange because you will run into problems due to design differences between these 2/3 systems. Forget it. MS will not go back to 7. They proceed to 9 and so forth with a lot of improvements build in. It makes no further sense to write blabla about your problem because it cannot / will not be solved. All guys modding their systems will run into issues sooner or later and come to MDL complaining about windows is crap. No it is not. It runs just fine if you let it go as it is supposed to

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...