How to make Windows 7 oem for reinstallation.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jznomoney, Apr 13, 2010.

1. jznomoney

jznomoney MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    I purchase a eee pc laptop and want to fresh install windows 7 home premium. Is there a way from an ultimate retail image to convert it to home premium oem to accept the key in the bottom of the laptop? It didnt come with a reinstallation disc.

2. v0id

v0id MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2009
    Just download retail oem iso and use your key to register! :D

3. jznomoney

jznomoney MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    so that would convert ultimate retail to home premium oem?

4. evildave

evildave MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2010
  5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
  6. evildave

evildave MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2010
    #7 evildave, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    I know how to do 90% of what I need to do, the secret sauce I haven't figured out yet is adding a 6th index (Enterprise) into my all-in-one while preserving the deduping of files so the image doesn't bloat to over 4gb. If I can do that I can reduce down to 1 usb installer per architecture (The extra language packs would cause an i386/amd64 combined image to be larger than my 4gb sticks). I really wish the WAIK documentation read more like proper documentation and less like someone's working notes.

Edit - I took another pass through the documentation and think I may have finally figured it out:
    dism /mount-wim /wimfile:c:\ent\sources\install.wim /name "Windows 7 ENTERPRISE" /mountdir:c:\mnt /readonly
    imagex /append c:\mnt c:\aio\sources\install.wim "Windows 7 ENTERPRISE"
    dism /umount-wim /mountdir:c:\mnt /discard
    *regenerate enterprise catalog with WSIM and make usb with poweriso

I'll have to try this over the weekend - guess I'll have a lot of installs to do to test the thing.

7. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    or u can just use daz loader?

8. zizi

zizi MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    #9 zizi, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    As you said " key in the bottom of the laptop " I believe that your laptop already has SLIC 2.1, then you can activate with Cert and SLP key. if you have Windows 7 Ultimate ISO, Open it with UltraISO => Click Sources Folder => Delete the file called ei.cfg, then burn it . Choose Home Premium as installation.

9. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...