How to make your own Vista OEM DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by urie, Jun 30, 2008.

1. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    SHA1 hash is used to check the integrity of a file. The links will most likely be in a zip or a rar format spanning several parts. Once you decompress it, you should end up with a one large iso file. I will upload a program that will generate a SHA1 hash for this iso file. If the SHA1 hash does not match this, then the iso has been altered in some way and you should not use it. If it doesn't match, let me know and I will find you another set of links. Be warned, it may take several different downloads before you get one that is truly unaltered.

Vista 32-bit with SP1
    SHA1 hash = BCD715A02739809E477C726AE4B5CAA914156429

Give me a minute and I will PM you the first links to try.

2. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    I see you are very new to this. Don't worry, everyone was here at one point or another. So that you don't get confused, I will take you through it step by step. First download ALL 30 files. Once you are done, come back here and I will give you the next step.

3. Gryzor

Gryzor MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2008
    Are we supposed to be asked for a product key during an install From a custom OEM ?

At any rate I re-entered the oem key and it seems to be working, wondering If I made a mistake in the dvd creation though ..

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If you have made OEM DVD correctly you don't need to add product key because it gets it from PID.TXT

5. iamhlisky

iamhlisky MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2008
    @urie
    What kind of Vista iso I should use?
    I mean can I use vista rtm sp1(enu) to make one?
    interesting your post ,just want give it a try.

BTW I have an another question ,I can't find any folders and files you refer to in my Lenovo oem DVD (chinese edtion) ,so they must hide somewhere ,where I can find them that I can use to make an english OEM DVD ,any help is appreciated.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Sorry i don't have Lenovo oem DVD only dell one so i don't know layout are you sure it is an OEM dvd and not a recovery or restore dvd ?.

7. eixty1

eixty1 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2007
    I followed this guide, but ran into a problem. At the point where it shows the Install Now screen, I click on it and then get a message Windows cannot open the required file Drive:\Sources\Install.wim The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570.

I am doing this with a clean install, ie new hard drive, no upgrades,etc.
    Anyone know what the problem could be?

I created the image file using magiciso and placing the two files in the original guide into the msfn Vista DVD.

I already tried burning the disc at a lower speed to see if that solved the problem.

I might try just installing the original Vista DVD, without the XRM-MS and PID.txt files. Is their a way to get it to activate after installation if I didn't place those two files into the original Vista DVD?

Thanks.

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  9. safe9998

safe9998 MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2008
    OEM disks

Hi Guys,

First thread, It's getting later and i've just finished work. This is probably going to be the worst 1st post in history but i really can't make this guide work!

Does anyone want to create me a vista OEM with key and office 2007 ?? lol

OFC i'd love it free but i will pay lol!

ahhh , had a lok around and it looks like a good site though!!

James

10. tommy_vercetti

tommy_vercetti MDL Member

Apr 3, 2008

I can give you step by step instructions which can help you create the disc with Office in it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. tommy_vercetti

tommy_vercetti MDL Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Where can we get OEM keys for Office Installation, is there something as Office 2007 OEM ???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Hello urie,
    As i asked in my earlier posts do i need to replace key only or i have to add oem folder too.
    I have dell vista home basic dvd which dell ship along with my lappy.Do i need to change something else another than key in PID.TXT or only replacing key can make my vista home basic to vista ultimate?

Now some question?
    1 what is OEM XRM-MS file and where i can find it?
    2 what is ROYALTY OEM and which vista should i use?

Please help...
    Thanks

13. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Urie,
    can you please give me ftp link of vista ultimate x86 sp1. whose SHA1: bcd715a02739809e477c726ae4b5caa914156429
    If you can give me ftp link for vista ultimate 32 bit then i would be highly obliged.
    Thanks

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  15. smafi2000

smafi2000 MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2008
    reginakampher, wow! you are so cute :) I hope you don’t mind I said that :) is a complement :).

What is a good/best iso site out there that is popular and have no threat like virus, spam, or other harmful stuff.

I am using µTorrent v1.8.1 for P2P software, and I goto isoHunt site for download. Thanks.

16. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Urie,
    Petar gave me a folder of dell sources in which dere is PID.TXT and dell xrm-ms files and others too.
    Now only i need to replace my source folder with petar's folder (dell ultimate)?
    or i have to do something more to make my Dell vista home basic to Vista ultimate?
    please also give me the direct link for WIM IMAGE MOUNTER...

Regards