How to make your own Vista OEM DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by urie, Jun 30, 2008.

1. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    there is also a pid.txt in boot.wim 2
    what i should with this pid.txt?
    can i deleted both pid.txt (boot.wim and source) for enabling function which make vista to ask for key and by there we put ultimate key or premium key as per our choice?
    is this possible?

3. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    there is also a pid.txt in boot.wim 2
    what i should with this pid.txt?
    can i deleted both pid.txt (boot.wim and source) for enabling function which make vista to ask for key and by there we put ultimate key or premium key as per our choice?
    is this possible?

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #44 911medic, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I'm sorry not gonna answer again untill you actually try an install don't know how many times we have explained it Petar even posted Dell Ultimate $OEM$ folder and pid.txt did you even try that.

6. gunguinha

gunguinha MDL Novice

May 30, 2007
    Vista Ultimate OEM 32bit to 64bit

Hi, I have a Dell with windows vista ultimate, also I have a retail 64bit disc, would you be able to tell me how to make a OEM version of my 64bit, using my 32bit DELL disc? Many thanks for this wonderfull thread...

7. echel0n

echel0n MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm currently downloading "DELL VISTA ULTIMATE 64BIT RTM EDITION" and wonder if I can change it over to work with a Asus SLIC instead for my bios ?

Also will slipstreaming SP1 into this release cause any issues and are there any other files that need modifying besides the pid.txt in the OEM folder and the pid.txt in the boot.wim file ?

Thanks, sorry if this is any trouble.

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I would stop downloading it rite now and just download vista sp1 x64 and make your own OEM dvd from that, a proper vista dvd has all versions in not just ultimate i have dell vista premium it does have all versions but you have to know how to edit wim files e.c.t to change it to ultimate e.c.t.

9. echel0n

echel0n MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2009
    Well I've already downloaded this copy and from what I can see it has all versions of vista on it.

I've copied over the Asus OEM folder to replace the one dell had and I've also edited the PID.txt file and replaced the SPL key with the one Asus uses for ultimate edition and did the same for the PID.txt file located in boot.wim.

I belieave thats everything that was required to make this work so now I'm gonna slipstream x64 SP1 with vLite and make a bootable ISO.

I've already modded my bios to install the Asus SLIC info and flashed so I belieave I'm ready to go with this.

P.S.
    The reason I belieave this has all vista editions on it is install.wim file when requested for mount asked which version I wanted to mount along with vLite asked which version I wanted to modify.

10. echel0n

echel0n MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2009
    Ok install went perfectly and Vista is fully activated.

Thanks to everyone for this great site and the tools.

11. Elvis42

Elvis42 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2007
    #52 Elvis42, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ Elvis42, yes you are correct also you can actually add any number of certificates into OEM folder and say you didn't add PID.txt file . Then you could use that vista dvd to install on various machines just by entering serial number for version you want to install i,e home basic ultimate as long as it is an OEM machine or has Slic in bios most oem keys work on most brands. But in saying that you could add PID.txt file with mutliple certificates and make one dvd for each version i,e Starter Edition, home basic, home premium e.c.t and all will activate on a machine with slic:))

13. mick711

mick711 MDL Junior Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Just do you rename example Asus.xrm-ms to oem.xrm-ms or put directly ?

I just try to made a Vista DVD because the original recovery for a MSI (i put MSI.xrm-ms on /sources/$oem$/$$/system32/oem/ ) when you update system the controe panel won't open and some bug like no webcam etc...

Thanks

14. ADB

ADB MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2009
    Make Dell OEM 64bit Ultimate DVD from Home Premium 64Bit?

I have read through this thread a few times now along with some other ones and I am still confused (sorry..).
    I will be taking delivery of a new Dell in a couple of days and it is being supplied with Vista Home Premium SP1 (64Bit) and according to the email I will also receive the media. From what I have read I think I should be able to make an OEM Ultimate disk from this by just updating the 'PID.TXT' file. This sounds too simple to me which means I have probably misunderstood something.....

If someone could just clarify this I would be grateful :rolleyes:

Andy

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes it is that simple if the Dell dvd you recieve has all versions of vista on it iv'e heard that dell were editing later versions i,e, it may only contain Vista Home Premium SP1, also be aware there is also PID.TXT in boot.wim image 2 sources folder also, well there is on my Dell vista home premium dvd.

16. ADB

ADB MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2009
    How do you edit the boot.wim file?

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #58 urie, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  18. ADB