How to make your own Vista OEM DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by urie, Jun 30, 2008.

1. diluxp

diluxp MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2007
    dell vista home to ultimate

how to change dell vista home premium to vista ultimate?

2. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    You have to reinstall it with an ultimate key.

But this doesn't work if you have a specialized DVD for Windows Home Premium. Only the shipped DVD contain all of the Vista versions.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    To cut a long story short you need to change the PID.TXT file serial number to ultimate one and if it is like my dell home premium dvd you need to mount boot win image 2 and remove pid.txt file from sources folder then save win image.

4. barca_arsenal

barca_arsenal MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2009
    Hello urie, I have been following the instructions you posted throughout this thread to change my home premium disk to ultimate. I have been able to change the first pid.txt file to a ultimate key, but the second one located in boot.wim (which I have been able to succesfully mount), does not let me delete the file or edit it likewise. It says that I cannot delete this file, media is write-protected. Do you have any advice on what to do?

5. tiohwji

tiohwji MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2009
    Thanks for this very detailed step! I'm trying to find this one for months now. My vista copy is on the D drive of my laptop and I keep on figuring out how to back it up on a DVD. tried searching on the web.. this one is most detailed than the rest. thanks a lot again!

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ barca_arsenal, glad you got sorted out its dead easy once youve done your first OEM dvd:) you can try every version of vista. Any way i thought that wimgapi.dll , wimfltr.inf , and wimfltr.sys did come with Wim Mounter i know my files are located in AppData\Roaming\Wim Mounter as for Gimagex i forgot you need to manually add wimgapi.dll for it to work.

7. maybeamac

maybeamac MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2009
    Hey, I have an ASUS with a 32 Bit Vista Ultimate and I want to have a 64 Bit OEM Disc to utilize the full 4GB. Is there a way to create a 64 bit disc from a 32 bit OS?

8. XcopyBR

XcopyBR MDL Member

Apr 25, 2008
    No, you cannot make a 64 bit version out of a 32 bit disc.

9. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Hello urie,
    I made acer vista oem today by adding $oem$ and pid.txt folder to sources folder. I already made 2 oem of HP and DELL successfully. But with acer after installing it is asking for activation key :(
    why? any help mate?

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Not a lot of info to go, on i take it this acer machine does have SLIC allready in bios, are you sure it is correct certificate the serials don't matter that much as most OEM one's will activate most brand names.

11. balo

balo MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2009
    Help me please!!!

Hi

I have to reinstall Vista OEM on my new Toshiba laptop ,

I have a Vista home premium iso and Im ready to make it OEM and follow your instructions but I don't understand what you mean with slick in bios.

The model is Toshiba L300 PSLB8E
    Vista Home Premium OEM I have the sticker product key

So how can I find SLICK ?

Thanks !

12. kutukupret

kutukupret MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2009
    oem folder toshiba home premium

Hi Everybody.someone can help me please.i have toshiba notebook.i want make bootable dvd oem vista home premium.i lost my recovery.anybody can give me oem folder.i want to use my licency in my notebook.

thanks bro

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ balo and kutukupret your XRM-MS certivicate is stored in C:\Windows\System32\OEM folder that and your serial number to make pid.txt file is all you really need to make and OEM dvd you can change serial number to any version i,e, change to ultimate instead of premium.

kutukupret sorry i don't have toshiba notebook $OEM$ folder.

14. zerocool213

zerocool213 MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2009
    what do you mean

i get you for the rest , but what do you mean by not enter the brackets on the I, E can you give me an example urie

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #76 urie, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  16. zerocool213

zerocool213 MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Thank you

Urie i really appreciate it i just wanted to know i was doing it right sense i already made all the oem discs for every manufacture thank you again

17. karemkkkkk

karemkkkkk MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2009
    koko

thanks for the instruction you sail ;)
    its a kind of simple :D
    just need Dell ultimate serial key :eek: :eek:

18. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #79 urie, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  19. mauser2003

mauser2003 MDL Junior Member

Apr 13, 2009
    any links to download 32-bit vista, please:)