How to make your own Vista OEM DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by urie, Jun 30, 2008.

1. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
  2. darwincuenca

darwincuenca MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2009
    Wow it works! I was able to install vista ultimate 64 on my HP without hassle.:)

3. mauser2003

mauser2003 MDL Junior Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #83 mauser2003, May 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  4. phoenixlipo

phoenixlipo MDL Novice

May 27, 2009
    Hi,

Just follow these simple steps to intergrate the Product Key and OEM cert:

1: Create a new text file and copy paste the text below inside and save the file as PID.TXT

[PID]
    Value='Enter Product Key Here'

do not enter the brackets i,e use Value=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

This can be Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate OEM key.

thanks,

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007

Yes any key you want:)

6. kcobra

kcobra MDL Novice

May 28, 2009
    Very easy process. Downloaded the MSDN iso of Vista x64 with SP2 from usenet. Confirmed the checksums and burned the oem disk with the PID and cert file. Vista was up and running 30 minutes later. Thanks!

7. nocent763

nocent763 MDL Novice

May 30, 2009
    With SP2 not being able to be slipstreamed or integrated offline this was great so I could use vlite to remove all the extra crap from vista while getting SP2. Did a quick test run, and it worked great. SP2 on my laptop.

But since I got the install ISO from the torrent linked from the main mydigitallife's webpage, I was wondering about the safety. I checked the HASH and SHA1 and it matched. Also I've scanned it with AVG, Antivir, ClamWin, Spybot and Spydoctor, they all showed clean. Since I got it from the main page here and did all these checks it should be safe to use, right?

8. XcopyBR

XcopyBR MDL Member

Apr 25, 2008
    nocent763, if the SHA1 matched you're safe, it's the real deal.

9. nocent763

nocent763 MDL Novice

May 30, 2009
    It matched the SHA1 from the technet.

For the others with Dell: My Dell disk that came with my laptop didn't have a PID.TXT anywhere but the Sources folder. So all I had to do was copy my OEM and pid.txt to the retail disk and install as the retail disk I got didn't have a PID.TXT anywhere.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    What was the point of that you would end up with the same disk except you wouldn't have the logos e.c.t. did you copy certificate ? also on dell disks the pid.txt file is also in boot.wim 2

11. rasso

rasso MDL Member

May 24, 2009
    Thank you,This share is very usefull..Thanks

12. benzofree2002

benzofree2002 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2009
    Lame question perhaps... this is new and confusing.

Are slic 2.0 tables the same across all machines of a given manufacturer, for example Dell and HP-Compaq?

13. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    If you mean are all dell the same and all HP the same, then yes. DELL and HP are not the same, however. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. benzofree2002

benzofree2002 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2009
    Thanks,

Yes i did mean within brand only.

15. nocent763

nocent763 MDL Novice

May 30, 2009
    I just copied the OEM folder and put it on the install disk to maintain the Dell "feel" in the system properties and it was easier than downloading one of the certificates for Dell and creating a folder. And the install disk I got from the torrent didn't have a PID in the boot.wim 2 folder so I didn't put a copy of the PID.txt in there as I just put one in the sources folder. Everything went fine though, the activation happened before I even plugged the network cable in.

16. tcsenter

tcsenter MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2009
    I am having trouble locating the OEM xrm-ms cert file on an HP Pavilion M8200N (GN551AA) that was shipped with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. Its not located in C:\Windows\System32\OEM nor any other sub-directory that I've been able to find.

I've searched the entire drive for *.xrm-ms files between 2KB and 3KB, and found quite a number but none appear to be the OEM SLIC license containing the "kgAAAAAAA" string. There is PID.txt file in the OEM directory but its blank.

Is this some uncommon thing to find (or rather not find)? I know I can download one for HPQ but was curious about it seeming not to exist on this computer.

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Only thing i can think of is HP machines come preinstalled like dell e.c.t the fact it has allready been activated means it doesn't need the xrm-ms cert file. If this is a new machine remeber to make recovery disks iv'e never had an HP machine but i think you only get one shot at this i know they don't supply install dvd's.

18. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    It is probably on a hidden partition. Use gparted and maybe it will show.

There is no good reason to worry, if the machine came with vista, it should activate..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yeah i agree, it will activate it's just iv'e heard a lot of peeps who didn't make HP recovery dvd's and scrub there machines they don't come with recovery disks from what i hear you need to make them with software installed on the machine and it is a one of shot think it removes the recovery partition after the recovery disks are done.

20. kcobra

kcobra MDL Novice

May 28, 2009
    I made the recovery disk last night on my new HP G70T. The utility did say over and over that you would not be able to re-create the recovery discs at a later time. After making the discs (took a long ass time) I promptly installed a clean copy of Vista x64. Computer runs quite a bit faster now without all the bloatware.