How to make your own Vista OEM DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by urie, Jun 30, 2008.

1. HacKiT

HacKiT MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    lol. I meant to say . I wanted to let them know. Thanks for the existance of this site.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ HacKiT, you can copy all certificates to $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM folder it will work but it is not good practice as for the pid.txt yesy you need to make it and add OEM SLP key for what version you want to install the keys are not brand specific. also if you don't want to add the pid.txt file you can enter key when installing vista and it will still activate that way you can install any version.

3. HacKiT

HacKiT MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    Cool. So I just delete the pid.txt then?... And also how come it isnt ood practice adding all certs to the disk image? Thanks for responding..... Im realy into this stuff... All I need is a good teacher..

4. fosterdiaz

fosterdiaz MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2009
    Hi urie.
    Nice idea for providing us information about Vista OEM DVD. Would you mind to let us know more about this? Thanks!

5. odinthegreatone

odinthegreatone MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Is it possible to apply the same method for creating a Windows 7 OEM:SLP Disk?

6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yep, But you cannot use the PID.TXT as W7 does not use this. it is best to add the serial to the boot wim. You can also add a script to the oemfolder to run and it will add the serial to the version you use..This is how I do it as it doesnt require mounting the .wim and it is very customizable..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well, after a long leave from MDL, I've come back with some questions.
    It appears I've forgotten close to everything on how to do these things, and I re-figured most of it out except for one part..
    How do I create the $OEM$\$$\w/e folders?
    Just create $OEM$, make a folder inside that, and keep doing that, or what?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes byt the folers are $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Please read your laptop manuals there is possibly a factory restore procedure. And if you do have vista dvd do not format and reinstall vista without downloading or backing up your drivers

10. CanutoOnline

CanutoOnline MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    Hi, when trying to make folders $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM I get the message " A file cannot contain any of the following characters: \ / : * ? > > |" , So I cannot make this folder. Could you help me?

Thanks.

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  12. CanutoOnline

CanutoOnline MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    Ok, thanks for your replay.

13. CanutoOnline

CanutoOnline MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    Hi, how can I unlock the other editions of Windows Vista? I have a DVD but only with home premiun in english and I would like to make one in spanish and with all versions. Cuold you help me? I´ll would appreciate yuour support.

14. Parry

Parry MDL Junior Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Thanks for all the information. One question:
    Is there any way we can make an OEM DVD from the recovery without OEM DVD's?

I have Sony Vaio with Vista Home Premium & wish to install Windows 7.

15. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    What ? Make oem dvd from recovery partition but without the dvd's ?

Dude you need dvd to create the recoverydisks, and you cant just remove the OEM info i guess since the recoverypartition can only be read (as far as iknow)

16. Parry

Parry MDL Junior Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Yes, I have created the Recovery Disks(3). Can I create the OEM OS DVD from these?

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    i don't have a Sony Vaio, so some information may help i,e, what files are on the dvd's but to be honest i wouldn't think you could.
    It will probably just an images spread over the 3 dvd's to install your machine to factory state. best bet would be to download or borrow a copy ov vista sp2 and make your own OEM dvd.

18. jackbency

jackbency MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2010
    The Vista install as you know will ask you for some stuff first before it does anything to your drive so you'll be safe, once you see your key works you can just hit cancel. Reboot the system back into Windows and backup your data.

19. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand line 3 - where do I find the OEM XRM-MS file that matches my SLIC in Bios?

R.