How to Mod Dell BIOS Guide

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by rtfm, Aug 4, 2009.

1. rtfm

rtfm MDL Novice

May 29, 2007
    #1 rtfm, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Thank you for the nice read :D
    I will add it to my collection and start experimenting :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rtfm

rtfm MDL Novice

May 29, 2007
    You're welcome!

This is for all of you who wish to learn how to do it, not just download modded bios that someone else prepared. :)

4. Speedy

Speedy MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    #4 Speedy, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    Dell_BIOS_Mod_Guide.rar deleted from Rapidshare

Please reupp :p

5. libertard

libertard MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #6 libertard, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  6. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    thanks a lot.. nice guide..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Velocimodz

Velocimodz MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2010
    more info please...

Hi, I'm very keen to experiment with my Dell laptop Vostro 1400 (leased), of course I'll restore the BIOS before sending back, but I'm keen to use Windows 7 but dont want to pay for it in case it sux like all other windows versions, then I'll end up back on vista business, at least I'm used to its suckiness.

The Dell has firmware A09, which doesnt sound like anything else I've found in any forums, and I've googled this alot over the last few nights.

I'm a hacker by trade, game consoles mostly, but computers are my passion. I like to unlock the hidden functions, and would much rather do the pure BIOS mod rather than run some crappy loader or auto activated windows version. As far as I'm concerned I've already paid for my Windows liscence with the last 3 versions (98, XP and vista) so I really dont want to give M$ anymore blood money.

I'm fairly proficient with hex editing, which I am assuming (with my limited knowledge) is how we start BIOS modding. All we're doing is changing some hex info to make it match up with a newer SCLI version or something? Then when the new OS is installed it will be activated because its using one of Dells multi-user keys...? Alot more to it than that I realise, but is this the basic idea? I haven't been able to find any tutorials, especially for DELL.

Could one of you BIOS modding pro's please point me in the right direction for my venture and give me a quick step by step basic guide for what needs to be done? Then I'll research, post and PM until I've got it right, and will document my work in order to help others like me.

Cheers!

:ninjastar: DELL ORIG BIOS :rip:
    :cheers: New homemade modded DELL BIOS with my logo on startup :)
    :smartass: cos I did it myself - with the help of anyone willing to help

8. gigiqwert

gigiqwert MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2011
    The guide is OK but how about new bios files? For example Optiplex 990 . The parameters used in the guide are no longer working. Any info on how to MOD the new bios files?
    Thanks

9. pir8man

pir8man MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2008
    I was interested in reading this. but the links don't work anymore.

10. draco09

draco09 MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2014
    I, too, should like to enjoy the guide, but the links do not seem to help. Mostly these links are four or five years old and rapidshare an others do not keep these around very long.