how to obtain oem asus win 8 lic key from machine?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mastershake, Dec 15, 2013.

1. mastershake

mastershake MDL Member

Aug 1, 2012
    i have a question. someone brought me a windows 8 laptop from asus and asked me to install 8.1. they want to install windows 8.1 but they have no idea what the oem key is since there is no coa. they do not want to use ms toolkit or anything like that so he asked me about how to find the lic key this way he can do a fresh install without a upgrade (they dont want all the junk it came with)

im sure this has been answered but im honestly not sure where it is and i did search but maybe looked for the wrong terms.

is there yet a program or way to find the oem product key? all we want to do is find the key so we can do a fresh install of 8.1 any help would be appreciated.

thank you

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #3 Humphrey, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mastershake

mastershake MDL Member

Aug 1, 2012
    AWESOME! i knew i missed it. thank you so much. very much appreciated!!!

4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Correct. Just get 8.1 setup started, using a 8.1 key to install with, then replace that key with the one you get from the bios and they will be good to go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. winwatcher

winwatcher MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    Thanks fro the excellent information. Learning all the time.