How to open a closed Android Phone with no button?

Discussion in 'Android' started by SnapShoTT, Jul 19, 2020.

1. SnapShoTT

SnapShoTT MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2020
    Hi folks, i have a closed Sony Xperia M5 and i can't open it because all buttons are broken. I tried Sony Companion but useless because it suggest using volume buttons. Phone can charge (charging screen is coming and showing %) and no problem even if the screen is cracked, completely working just i can't open it :(

My question is; do you know any software for open the phone with only usb connection? or any other way?

2. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnapShoTT

SnapShoTT MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2020
    Thank you, i will try that. We will see how it will end :)

4. talhaaxhar

talhaaxhar MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2020
    Go mobile phone repairing and repair your phone buttons there is no other choice.
    Thanks and have a nice day.

5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    The problem is probably solved by now... one way or the other...

I had the same problem with an ASUS tablet and found that the tiny wiring from the switches to the motherboard was simply cracked.
    ASUS informed me that the repair cost was almost the price of the new tablet. I assume the other companies have the same pricing policy.

I actually found a used almost identical ASUS tablet, and replaced that little wiring taken from there. Takes less than 2 minutes, if you have the part....