how to open DVD and CD

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Rajendra Yadav, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Rajendra Yadav

Rajendra Yadav MDL Novice

May 27, 2012
    After installing win8,i mn't able to open motherboard and other DVD and CD on notebook.kindly suggest some solution.......

2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    My guess is he got a driver problem.

4. Rajendra Yadav

Rajendra Yadav MDL Novice

May 27, 2012
    example-how to install drivers from dvd that I got along with the notebook.....

5. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    If the dvd is not an OS install dvd but a dvd with drivers then you can just install them. But even if you can install drivers from the dvd, don't do that! Download the latest drivers from your notebook manufacturers website.

Alternatively (and even better) if you know what you're doing, download the drivers for each device from the device manufacturers website. For example: download drivers for nvidia graphics card from nvidia, intel chipset drivers from intel site, realtek audio drivers from realtek and so on.

The last option is sometimes better, cause nvidia for example has drivers especially optimized for windows 8 which won't be on your notebook manufacturer's site as windows 8 never shipped with that particular model (yet).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Couldn't agree more. I'm always preaching to my customers to never bother using the driver CD(s) that they get with hardware they purchased. :) They don't even make good coasters.

arrr!