How to open or recover Windows 10 Admin user due to forgotten password?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by kramsuiluj, May 4, 2021.

1. kramsuiluj

kramsuiluj MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2020
    My mom forgot the password on her laptop, Is there any way to open it? I was about to try the Ultiman.exe trick but for some unknown reason I can't access the CMD during the windows setup, I tried it first on my laptop to check if it's working and it is, I was able to open the CMD on my laptop without any problem.

Is there any other method I could do to fix this? And if not, is there at least a way to get the files before installing a new Windows OS?

2. Just Activate Admin Account via Command from WinRE Boot .
    then after login into admin account you can unlock the user account via SAM database be sure its integrity will allways be 500.

3. kramsuiluj

kramsuiluj MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2020
    Can you walk me through just a bit, I'm not that familiar with those terms you mentioned, how does it work?

4. i thought you are familiar . ok i am suggesting you some ver easy steps you can do now to unlock your mothers account.
    try to boot your system via any win10 PE . download PCUnlocker portable or Bypass Windows Password after login via winpe execute either pcunlocker or bWP & select the account username u want to unlock then click on remove password n there you are.

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kramsuiluj

kramsuiluj MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2020
    #6 kramsuiluj, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    (OP)
    I'm not familiar at all, I'm just googling stuff.
    I was able to unlock it using the Ultiman.exe trick, I was able to access the CMD through the WinRE Boot just like you've said and from there I did the steps for the Ultiman.exe trick, I just changed the password of the Admin User using the CMD. I don't know what was the problem before though maybe the F10 key is not working that's why I wasn't able to access the CMD on the Windows Setup. Thanks a lot!

7. kramsuiluj

kramsuiluj MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2020
  8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I use MS DaRT Locksmith (formerly known as erd commander) to reset the pw.

9. kramsuiluj

kramsuiluj MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2020
    I looked it up on google it seems to be a really useful tool, thanks for letting me know! I'm sure I'll be needing this in the future.

10. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Good or not, but it must be installed before you plan to forget your password.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  12. kramsuiluj

kramsuiluj MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2020
  13. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    Hiren's BootCD