How to recover showing MP3 covers?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Tom345, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Tom345

Tom345 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    Hi all!

Windows 7 stopped reading covers that are contained in my MP3 files. After that, I could still see them, but not in new files. After cleaning thumbnails on C: disk, all of them simply disappeared, but are present in MP3 files.
    Nothing changed in AVI, MP4 etc. files.

What could have happened?

I have already tried options like 'Always show thumbnails' and 'Always show thumbnails, never icons'.

2. AnoopSudhakaran

AnoopSudhakaran MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2011
    This was the answer given by the Moderator of the Technet Forum. Seems like you are not the only one facing the problem. Try to use System Restore another forum guy told that System Restore worked for him. :)

3. Tom345

Tom345 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    I haven't installed any codec packs. There were only Windows Defender's database updates.

Last available Restore Point is from today, because I have done Disk cleaning after the problem showed up...

4. AnoopSudhakaran

AnoopSudhakaran MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2011
    Probable Fixes:
    1]Open the folder and press ctrl Key and Move the mouse wheel up and down and see if the thumbnail comes up.
    2]Use an MP3 Tagger to manually insert Album Arts to the mp3 files and check if it fixes the problem.
    3]Clear all the caches with an advanced cleaner like Tuneup Utilities (not just ccleaner).

Resources : (sorry I cannot post links)
    www(dot)mp3tag(dot)de/en/ : Free MP3 Tagger
    www(dot)tune-up(dot)com/download/ : TuneUp Utilities (Trial)

5. Tom345

Tom345 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    1. Already tried.
    2. No inserting needed, they're present on MP3 files.
    3. Nothing happened, still the same problem.