How to reduce windows border size without using tools or messing with registry

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by michaelbr, Jan 4, 2014.

1. michaelbr

michaelbr MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2014
    I saw few weeks back on the net a way to adjust windows border size without installing any tools or messing with registry, unfortunately I forgot to save the site, now I can't find it any longer. Any one knows where in Windows 8.1 I can adjust the border size?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    You may as well use the thank you button,if you like the reply.you're always welcome to ask many questions. :tea:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stupidog40

stupidog40 MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2011
    Great thanks, works like a charm!

4. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Right, I like people with good manners.Cheers :hug2:

5. michaelbr

michaelbr MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks for your reply, but this method is either using Tiny Windows Border tool or registry edit, the article that I saw was using neither one, I believe it just changed some settings in Control Panel (I couldn't be sure, I had problem with Win 8.1 activation and installed Win & apps so many times that I'm not even sure what I did or saw o_O.

6. michaelbr

michaelbr MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks for the tip, I was wondering how I can send thanks, now I saw it.

7. NiFu

NiFu MDL Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I haven't seen any possibility to do this in Windows 8/8.1 via control panel. It's gone in Windows 8/8.1 (unlike Windows 7).

By the way: "Tiny Windows Border" does nothing else then change the registry entry. After using "Tiny Windows Border" you can delete it. So no further background program or service is running.

8. michaelbr

michaelbr MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2014
    @NiFU
    Thanks for your reply, I'll use TWB if there's no other alternative, but I'm pretty sure that I saw a way to do it without any registry edit or tools, too bad that I did not write down the link :weeping: