[How To] Remove All Watermarks from Windows 8 RTM's x86 & x64

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by LiveFreeDead, Aug 14, 2012.

1. LiveFreeDead

LiveFreeDead MDL Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #1 LiveFreeDead, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    Removed because I am not maintaining this anymore and because NetworkPro is an ungrateful git, solve your own problems!

2. muiz

muiz MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    "You can use these tools on an Activated Windows 8 RTM without causing problems."

Why use on a activated Windows? I dont have any watermarks or messages to activate on activated version. :confused:

3. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    Sure you will. In about 180 you will have some "nice" messages

4. delstam

delstam MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    CleanWater still makes that bug even after running it for the second time.. Any suggestions? Is there a way to reverse this? I don't care, if the desktop watermark stays as long as I have fully operating Metro Apps.

5. fires

fires MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2009
  6. concertomi

concertomi MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    #6 concertomi, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    Works very well. Thanks for this. Much appreciated. :)

Edit: I tried the other method which is Woot332, seems like the zip file is corrupted. Have tried downloading quite a few times and it's always the .dlls that are corrupted. Can you check please? Thanks .

7. DaveMurray

DaveMurray MDL Junior Member

Apr 18, 2009
    #7 DaveMurray, Aug 17, 2012
    yeah the file is corrupted unfortunately.... I'm sure LiveFreeDead when will be online, will reupload the zip file. Capture.JPG

Attached Files:

8. lolxd

lolxd MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Works with eval ENT ?

9. robodex

robodex MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    #9 robodex, Aug 17, 2012
    To be clear, this removes the watermark but there's still a time-bomb in W8 where it'll eventually start restarting your computer every few hours, correct?

I removed the watermark on my partner's computer with the old fix but I haven't been able to get him activated with KMS yet. Mine's activated for now (we both intend to buy it day 1) but I'm just trying to figure out what the time frame is before his computer will start restarting itself.

\/\/ Thanks for that info... That makes me feel better. I literally finished installing W8 on his computer a few minutes after the last KMS went down, so it's good to know his computer hopefully won't be SOL before October when we buy it.

10. lezsolt

lezsolt MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Wasn't there a screenshot of a blue, metro-stlye "activate Windows" screen which pops up in the Core and Pro editions?

11. Mrx47

Mrx47 MDL Addicted

Apr 6, 2011
    On VL Editions there is a watermark and on normal Versions is this Activation Screen.

12. nikev_21

nikev_21 MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2009
    works well on MICROSOFT_WINDOWS_8_PROFESSIONAL_RTM_X64_ENGLISH_DVD-WZT, mine is not activated, KMS servers all down, but I'm not too worried about it, just having fun playing around with metro, many thanks

13. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    Just an FYI to everyone, these patched files work on server 2012 as well :)

14. BioHazardXB360

BioHazardXB360 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2012
    Can this be made to also remove the "Test Mode" water mark as well?

15. BioHazardXB360

Aug 10, 2012
    I am unable to send messages cause my post count is too low:

you can permanently enable Test Mode () by opening an Elevated Command Prompt and typing the following commands, then rebooting:
    bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

16. BugsB

BugsB MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2009
    the sensible way to get rid of the test mode notification is to .. get back out of test mode ..

Or do you duct tape your car's gas gauge, rather than driving to the gas station?

17. BioHazardXB360

Aug 10, 2012
    The sensible way to comment on a forum and not knowing why one would ask such a question would be to ask them why they remain in test mode. Not everyone on this forum is a novice and use their machines for day to day menial tasks. LiveFreeDead understood immediately why I asked for the watermark to be removed.

18. level9

level9 MDL Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Isn´t this one for Enterprise Vl-Maschines? (Win8E.VL.x64) The script wont work - even with diabled UAC and running with administrative rights in an Administrator account. Script tells me not having Access to the files (in german "zugriff verweigert") - and couldn´t replace the files. By manually getting ownership of both files to be replaced, I managed to get the twinui.dll swapped with the patched one. But I didn´t managed it with the other one - copydialog tells me I Need adminrights. Though, I have them, I think the mainproblem is, that the file is used at the Moment I try to swap them. So.... What could I do instead of booting with a live disc and replacing the files via an external boot. Thx for help.

19. dailyinsanity

dailyinsanity MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    When you activate Windows 8 with a MAK key like I did, they won't never show up again.

20. level9

level9 MDL Member

Jun 25, 2012
    My aim is to not activate windows 8 (illegal) at all. disabling the watermark-nags would just fine for me. I dont care for the few metro options i cant personalize - i wont use a microsoft account anyway. and with the hack to disable metro with the additional watermark-hacks it would be my win of choice.