How to remove pre-install crack from Vista DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ezhik, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ezhik

ezhik MDL Junior Member

Oct 23, 2007
    My Vista DVD has a crack in the SOURCES\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\ folder, named BIESTART.EXE. It installs a certificate and a Vista loader, I want to remove this from the DVD so I can 'do my own thing' regarding activation. If I just the delete the file or folder and remake the DVD then it won't install, gets so far then stops with an error about missing files.

Does anyone know how to remove this pre-install type crack so I can remake the ISO without it and will install without error? I can extract the ISO and rebuild it etc, just stuck about to properly remove the crack. I've used V-Lite but still can't find how to remove BIESTRAT.EXE successfully.

2. ezhik

ezhik MDL Junior Member

Oct 23, 2007
    #3 ezhik, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    (OP)
    Yes much better idea! I was trying to find one (64 bit version), but searched in vain, thanks for the links. I've downloaded the torrent as likned, but as I think you're suggesting there is no seed, if you are offering to seed it that would be great. Much appreciated.

Edit, added a tracker, doh! and now working. Downloading at a good speed so expect to be done in a couple of hours. Thanks.