How to remove (S)Adobe Flash Player from WIN 8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Proxon, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Proxon

Proxon MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2013
    Well, I can't beleive that is so hard to get rid of Adobe's Flash player 11 from IE11! :censored: I've noticed that some YouTube videos are choppy and stutters with IE11 so I decided to downgrade the Flash player to more stabile version like 10.3 but this sucker doesn't allow me. Why the heck M$ didn't include a remove option? I don't know which one is worse, M$ for implementing such stubborn crap in Windows or Sadobe for releasing more and more crappy versions. Does someone have a working solution? :sad:

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    AFAIK Adobe Flash Player even isn't an 3rd party product of Microsoft!

What the h**l is in the brain of those who all times accusing MS for to do something wrong and even worse, like you, telling the name of the developer and still accusing MS? :mad::bangin::hummer::bashtroll::whip::rip:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Proxon

Proxon MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2013
    #3 Proxon, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    (OP)
    Why I'm accusing M$? Have you read my post? I said, why M$ didn't include a remove option or a downgrade option? The blame is on both. Anyways, you aren't helping here with those kinds of replies! I bet bunch of people have the same problem. This issue with Adobe flash player is going on and on.

4. danizuka

danizuka MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2013
    Maybe the problem is with your graphic drivers.

I don't have any problem with flash player on win 8.1, btw is running better than html5.

5. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Obviously he has not read it.. You can always download Chrome portable and see if it will be choppy there too. It is stupid that they included flash with the OS, not everybody likes and uses flash.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As many other users, the majority of all, I didn't have any problems with Flash Player. In 99% or more of such cases, it was just the problem that the user were incapable for to get things done. And the most easy way for them out is to accuse others. Human Nature, by the way!

If the Majority of ALL Flash user would tell they have problem's, I also would say it's the Flash Player which is just crap! But that isn't the way and it's the Majority which tell the Flash Player is fine. So did you will say that all of them tell bullsh*t?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Love your avatar @=)(=

8. Proxon

Proxon MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2013
    #9 Proxon, Oct 8, 2013
    (OP)
    Hm, I never thought about that. I have ATI Sapphire HD4870x2 and they...they... :throw:....dropped the further driver development. I'm using some AMD beta drivers 13.4 for Windows 8. Maybe that's the issue and I'll try with M$ default drivers. @ =)(=, I've tried Chrome but (guys don't throw sticks and stones at me)... IE11 seems faster to me. Dunno. Anyways, M$ shouldn't have bundled Flash player with OS! Period. Thanks guys, I'll report you back with the results. Cheers. :)

Edit: @ =)(=, I tried that but to no avail. Can't get rid of this sucker.
    Edit 2: under Internet options, Accelerated Graphics, I ticked the Use software rendering insted hardware rendering. Stuttering still persists.

9. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    You can remove it using some reg hack, but even if you do, OS will not allow you to install any other Flash version
    so you will be stuck with IE without flash :p

10. Proxon

Proxon MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2013
    #11 Proxon, Oct 8, 2013
    (OP)
    You nailed it! I've deleted a bit of this and a bit of that and I have IE11 without flash player permanently but now I can't install any other version! Don't tell me you also fiddled with the same thing?:laie: Thank god I have a system backup. @ =)(=, no use mate. I'll have to go back to IE10 or stay with this sucker. ;)

11. shakennstirred

shakennstirred MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2011
    they just updated the flash player for ie11 in patch Tuesday updates, try that

12. danizuka

danizuka MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2013
    Version 13.4 (4/29/2013) it's not compatible with windows 8.1. U should think upgrade your graphic card.

13. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    You can't remove it. But you can disable it.

Via IE:
    Internet Options > Programs > Manage Add-ons > Select "All addons" from the dropdown > You can figure it out from here

Alternatively, via Group Policy (Pro)
    User Config > Admin Templates > Windows Components > IE > Security > Addon Management > Turn off Adobe Flash

14. Proxon

Proxon MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2013
    #15 Proxon, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    (OP)
    Ermm... Ok...all systems are back online. :good3: Well, looks like enabling ActiveX filtering solved the problem! No choppy, stuttering videos anymore. Weird, but it's working. Thanks Diablo for the tip. :)

Yep, I've learned my lesson. :biggrin:

Edit: OK, enabling ActiveX filtering definitely solves the stuttering problem on YouTube! Videos run smooth like butter. With ADGuard, I'm sticking with IE11. FF and Chrome can kiss my :moon:! ElDiablo, thanks again. :cheers:

15. anythingUlike

anythingUlike MDL Junior Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks! Problem solved without ruining freshly installed OS :D