How to remove search and task view from task bar...???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Rickkins, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    They just take up space, I'll never use them. Can they be gone...???

Thanks.

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    nope, hard coded in like a mofo as far as I can tell

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. Rickkins

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks. And the stupid task view thing...???

Anyone...???

Thanks.

5. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    This is as stupid as it sounds, first of all the search button is NOT stupid, I thought its stupid too, but here is the reveal:
    • The search button will be featured as Cortana in final and later builds of Windows 10, so stfu.
    • The Task View button is useful to many people, now, do you even know what it is ? fine if you want to remove it then find a way too, but I bet it will be removable in future builds, this is just a preview, quit complaining.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mustafa Can

Mustafa Can MDL Member

Jul 6, 2011
    • Cortana should be placed on the start menu search, not the taskbar.
    • Yes, I know what the task view button is, it's fancier alt+tab, a.k.a. win+tab. It's been here since Vista.

7. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Cortana can't be placed on the start menu, thats an insult to Cortana, Microsoft might make dumb decisions, but you are not making it any better by saying this, Start Menu already feels full.
    Not many people knew about alt-tab back then, including me, and its a good thing for the lazy people, if you dont like it they will make an option to unpin it in future builds, you dont have to complain about it here or ask for a method to removed it, better search yourself and find it, if its already out there, or just dont use a preview build if you really find it THAT SO ANNOYING. :g:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #10 LiteOS, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    try start is back
    btw server 10 dont have the search
    how can i add it to mouse bottom ?

9. Rickkins

Jul 29, 2009
    First of all, I'll complain if I damn well please. If you don't like it, too damn bad.
    As for cortana.... please, I'm not ever gonna use it, period. You wanna use it, who cares, use it. But don't foist it on me.

10. Rickkins

Jul 29, 2009
  11. Rickkins

Jul 29, 2009
    I like it a lot, thanks. I notice that I have to run it each boot. Can it be automated..??(or am I doing something wrong..??)

I tried adding the exe to startup, but nothing happened, and when I click on it in startup, I get this...

"Your system administrator has blocked this program. For more info, contact your system administrator"

Thanks.

12. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    Maybe in gpedit.msc in the future will be the options to remove search and task view from taskbar.

13. Underclocked

Underclocked MDL Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Hiding the Search and Task View icons.

Have any of you tried the method/download described in this video on Youtube 7OUCiF7XMjc

I have. I scanned the file before using it but wish someone would figure out a method that doesn't add a delay. Afraid it's beyond my abilities.

14. Bubble-be

Bubble-be MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2014
    The only method so far is putting one of the mentioned exe's in your startup. Or a shortcut to that exe obviously.

There is a delay, but I figure that's part of the optimised boot process, the same we saw in 8, but more pronounced this time.

15. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #18 moderate, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Definitely all those three buttons ARE stupid (start menu, search and virtual desktops)...

With the search button W10 now has three different searches (and even worse bound to Bing):
    1) (Indexing)
    Code:
    search-ms:
    2) (Purple Metro app)
    Code:
    C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.Cortana_8wekyb3d8bbwe!CortanaUI
    3) (Stupid Button)
    Button

16. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Well no matter how hard I try, I cannot press Alt+Tab on my Surface Pro without first attaching the keyboard. So for me the onscreen button is useful.

17. JJJohan

JJJohan MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2010
    Cortana is something I'll never use for sure, I don't find it useful. The multiple desktop feature is most certainly something useful, but it's not something I'd want a button for either. Win + Tab works fine.