How to replicate updates from one windows 7 to another

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by prvnrk, Apr 27, 2018.

1. prvnrk

prvnrk MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2015
    #1 prvnrk, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Hello friends,

I have 2 office laptops (same hardware) running Windows 7 enterprise on both of them. One of the laptop (laptop-1) is being used every day so no issues with that. The other laptop (laptop-2) was used 7 months ago (connected to office via VPN) and not updated since 9 months or so. IF I try to connect to office VPN it gets immediately disconnected as it did not have latest updates (atleast that's what system administrator told me). I just don't want it to be rebuilt from scratch for some reasons.

1) Now How can I update laptop-2 without connecting VPN? (our office WSUS setup pushes automatic updates) by using laptop-1 updates, perhaps? (laptop-1 has up-to-date updates).

2) It also shows that no windows 7 license (as it was not connected to office network for last 6 months - KMS activation i guess). Is it possible to fix this without connecting office VPN? ( I don't want to use any cr-acking tool as its office laptop). OR If I update to latest and then connect to office VPN, the license automatically gets renewed?

Appreciate any help! thanks!!

EDIT: I don't think disk cloning (and then change hostname etc.) is NOT an option as both laptops are PGP disk encrypted...

2. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    For the updates you can use the simplix updatepack from the sticky thread above. Put the pack on laptop-2, rename the pack to UpdatePack7R2--ie11++ and run it. It will take care of all necessary updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. prvnrk

prvnrk MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2015
    Thanks!
    Is there such tool for Office 2010 as well?

4. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Not that I know of...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...