How to reprogram/reflash winbond 25Q32BVSIG / 25X10BVNIG on acer aspire 5755G MB?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ios9, Feb 19, 2014.

1. ios9

ios9 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2014
    Hi Guys,

After giving up with the other thread which I've already mentioned my problem and came to know there is no common fix for it and I've finally decided to go for BIOS chip reprogram/reflash. I've opened my MB case and found these two as shown in below pic.
    Untitled.jpg

And the BIOS files I downloaded from Acer site are shown in below figure.

Unitled.jpg

So far I got the above stuff along with my soldering station, hot air gun and other essential electrionics DIY stuff.

I know I've to get a programmer tool and not sure which is cheap and best, If you suggest me one could please find cheap and best one from UK online retailers and paste a link here.

And also please let me know how to start and which chip to flash (as I got two chips), any guides will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks :)

2. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #2 nexus76, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gabiz_ro

gabiz_ro MDL Member

Feb 2, 2010
    U36 is main BIOS chip. P5WE0121.bin
    U38 is EC flash chip K17C121C.rom

Take a dump first.
    Compare dumped with file downloaded from support

Original flasher can skip some areas were are located some things like serial number,mac address,UUID etc.
    In case of external programmer full chip is erased and writed new one so you can loose some specific data about mainboard.