How to reset BIOS/Supervisor password?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Uravi, May 13, 2012.

?

Should Lenovo give its' customers' a Tool to reset the BIOS Password?

1. No

16.7%
  2. All Computer Manufacturers should give this tool to its customers.

50.0%
  3. Yes, to its customers only

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Uravi

Uravi MDL Novice

May 13, 2012
    Hi Friends,
    I am going through the worst experience :)mad:) in newly purchased FIRST laptop of my life from Lenovo, Its Ideapad Z570 and i am not able to get into BIOS to Turn-On the Virtualization Technology in it.
    Although laptop starts successfully in normal mode but i want to install virtual PC in it but I could not do it because VT is Turned OFF in BIOS :( :eek:. It always asks for the BIOS/Supervisor password whenever i try to open BIOS screen by pressing F2.
    What should i do in this case? Is there any Default Password for it or I have bought a Bad Chinese Machine (Lenovo)?

Pls help me,
    Thanks in advance to all of you...

2. FCM168

FCM168 MDL Junior Member

Mar 27, 2008
    If it's still under warranty than take it back to Lenovo... by the way... brand new Laptops do not come with any kind of passwords, that is up to the user to do so...

Hope that helps....

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. Uravi

Uravi MDL Novice

May 13, 2012
    I agree with you and i was living under same belief but i dont know wherefrom password came when none other than me use it. It seems to be s defective or refurbished or second-hand product. what do you say? Service center ppl says that they dont support bios while the laptop is under warranty..........it annoys me !:mad:

5. mattcamriey

mattcamriey MDL Novice

May 27, 2012
    Anyone know how to reset password BIOS Hewlett Packard(HP) Desktop?..i'am blur(sorry,broken english)