How to restore Easy Windows Backup?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ccc1522, Feb 24, 2014.

1. ccc1522

ccc1522 MDL Junior Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I used the Easy Windows Backup on my old machine (running vista), saved to an external hard drive. Installed the latest 8.1.1 on a new machine and tried to use the Easy Windows Backup to restore my stuff, but I get this message "Windows Easy Transfer can't transfer files from Windows Vista or Windows XP".

Is there any way I can recover my files from the Easy Transfer Backup?

2. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    This feature no longer works in windows 8.1. You need to share your backup content with Microsoft, e.g. use their cloud backup services. The other way around is to use USER STATE MIGRATION TOOL.

3. bodmas

bodmas MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    you can't use system restore application of windows 8.1 to restore vista backup image.
    If you have vista image backup created via vista easy backup and you have vista bootable DVD/USB stick then you have to boot from it and follow the pictorial steps :
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    7.jpg

Rest you know what to do.

4. montwel

montwel MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2014
    What?Easy Windows Backup is a third-party software?

5. djsms

djsms MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2013
    Acronis True Image best Backup software ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bobmarish

bobmarish MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2014
    With the help of Kernel for BKF Repair tool you can quickly repair your all windows backup with full accuracy.I have used this tool and I was really very happy after use.