How to Roll Back to Windows 7 Home Premium from Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by goodguy_adi, Nov 18, 2010.

1. goodguy_adi

goodguy_adi MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2010
    Hello guys,
    I own a lenovo Ideapad Y550P Laptop with windows 7 Home premium installed.
    recently due to some problem i have formatted the laptop
    and I being over ambitious borrowed and installed a pirated copy of windows 7 ultimate from my friend...
    and used windows 7 loader to install lenovo oem serial and lenovo certificate.
    Now the microsoft caught my copy of windows and warning me to buy genuine copy of OS.

I want my windows to be genuine again..
    I have a copy of windows 7 home premium
    and a genuine cd key printed back of my laptop.

Note: I completely reinstalled the os with windows 7 ultimate dvd (I did not use "ANY TIME UPGRADE" so that i can roll back easily)

PLZ SUGGEST ME A WAY TO ROLL BACK TO WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM WITHOUT REINSTALLING THE SYSTEM AND USING MY COPY OF HOME PREMIUM DVD

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Haha
    Read the threads in the forum. There's more then plenty of information.

Just change the serial..

3. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

"I have a copy of windows 7 home premium
    and a genuine cd key printed back of my laptop."

You gave yourself the answer, just use your copy of Home Premium and use the key. DONE!

4. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    #4 NICK@NUMBER11, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
    Now what's with the BIG font size, not really necessary... please edit your post and reduce the size.

anyways all you have to do is this...

1.Click Start.
    2.In the Search Box, type regedit and press Enter.
    3.Navigate to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Microsoft\ Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    4.In the right pane, click EditionID and ProductName and give them the value which corresponds to a lower Windows 7 edition. Here is an example:
    Windows 7 Home Premium (downgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Home Premium)
    EditionID: HomePremium
    ProductName: Windows 7 HomePremium

5.Start your Windows 7 installation by inserting your Windows 7 Disc.
    6.Now, Select Upgrade as type of installation. Follow the instruction on the screen.
    7.Reactivate your operating system.

5. goodguy_adi

goodguy_adi MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2010
    I even Tried to Upgrade the os from ultimate to home premium and then i got an error message saying
    "Windows 7 Ultimate cannot be upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium. You can choose to install a new copy of Windows 7 Home Premium instead, but this is different from an upgrade, and does not keep your files, settings, and programs. You’ll need to reinstall any programs using the original installation discs or files. To save your files before installing Windows, back them up to an external location such as a CD, DVD, or external hard drive. To install a new copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, click the Back button in the upper left-hand corner, and select “Custom (advanced)”."

6. goodguy_adi

goodguy_adi MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2010
    What should i change value name
    its given Edition id
    and what abt value data
    its given ultimate
    plz follow the link to see a snap shot
    i cant post the link so plz remove * form the link
    http:*//img259.imageshack.us/img259/5352/win7c.jpg

7. triggat

triggat MDL Member