How to run source code from a site with out exe or installer files.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jraju, Nov 15, 2015.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi,
    Whenever i am having doubt on computer matters, i ask this forum.

I find a site , interesting which has so much useful programs on computer languages, like c+, java , vb etc.etc.
    The site even allows you to download the programs, which comes not usually as exes or installer, the useful download methods.
    The source code itself is being allowed.
    It asks for reviews of the programs.
    These are in zip forms and the zip contains no exes or installer to execute. Is there any way? to use those programs.
    I cannot run any program , for eg in vb, which there are no exe, but useful files of the program in question with vbp,vbw files , frm,ico etc.
    Can i use those programs or just download and save to my computer

2. MaouKami

MaouKami MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2014
    That seems to be visual basic 6, you would need to download and install the compiler if its still around as its quite old.
    With that you would run it as debug or compile it to .exe

Hope its enough information.

3. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, So, I have to compile the exe to see how it works and return back to the site to give my review. Do you mean to say that everybody would be able to download and utilize the codes to check the programs, what it is doing and what bugs would crop up while running and giving the solutions to the maker of the program. Is that what your reply suggests.
    Normally one would retain the code and ask the forum or experts about the bugs or unaccomplished task in the program. So, one must be familiar with visual basic 6 to execute the programs first, and then run by changing it as exe and then check. Not heard of. Pl rely expert/experts

4. yIIIJIenoK

yIIIJIenoK MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2015
    lol rly? just compile it and you will get the "exe" you want