How to run Win update while making sure my Win7 won't become "not genuine" ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by draikin, Oct 2, 2012.

1. draikin

draikin MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    Hi everyone,

In order to install Arabic on my PC I need to run Windows Update. But before I can select which updates I want, Windows Update tells me I need to update Windows Update !

So it looks like I need to 1) update Windows Update and 2) select the appropriate update for installing Arabic language.

However, how can I be 100% sure that my Windows 7 won't suddenly be labelled as "not genuine" ?

2. Dave-UK

Dave-UK MDL Junior Member

Apr 24, 2011
    To be 100% sure you can buy an activation key from Microsoft.
    However, if you use the loader by Daz I am sure you can update
    your Windows update with no problems.

3. draikin

draikin MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    I did but for some reason it killed my MBR. I restored it but now I'm scared to install it again :/

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    post in loader thread. theres a few tricks to not get trashed MBR.

or u can get motherboard bios and mod with slic 2.1 then no loader needed .. ever .. the win loder would install cert and key not bootloader due to slic 2.1 detected

5. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mictlan

mictlan MDL Member

Nov 9, 2009
    1. Windiz update has been updated. With shipped Windiz update from your install media you can not get any updates any more ( happened on xp certain times )
    2. You can download the lp, there is no need to uze Windiz update. Look through the Windiz 7 subsection and you will find links and how to offline install
    Stay genuine forever? DO NOT USE Windiz. It can happen anytime, everywhere.

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    xp sp3 and ie8 (dload those thru googe chrome since ie6 might crash a lot) .. fixed the update issue.

i use xp sp2 cd a lot :p