How To Shut Down The Other 4 Pc's From One Main PC

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by tester2, Apr 24, 2014.

1. tester2

tester2 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    hi guys i need your help, i got 5 PC's in my Home, like Win XP, Win 7 & Win 8.

But i want to use my Win8 PC as a MAIN PC to Shut Down other 4 PC every day at 9PM & My Documents place have to be Clean up automatically on all 4 PC's before shut down at 9PM.

I mean i want to sit on my Windows 8 PC, then I want to SHUT DOWN other all 4 PC's at 9PM.

So i like to know "from where i have to start to do this PC Networking System in my Home" and i like to know
    1)--Which Windows i have to Install on Main PC may be you call it as SERVER Computer.
    2)--And which necessery changes i have to do in their Windows, on other all 4 PC as TERMINALS.

Please let me know How to do this things.

Hopefully waiting for your replies

Thanks

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I can think of ways to do this by scheduling tasks on each of the systems, but you want them to be executed from a 5th system?
    Hmmm... Perhaps someone with network admin experience could enlighten us.

3. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    powershell is great tool to run cmd/script remotely

4. eydee

eydee Guest

Just write a server-client program which will communicate with each other (one another) through LAN. Once you're inside a program, shutting down the PC is a trivial task.

However, if you can somewhoe achieve calling shutdown.exe from another machine, writing a program would not be necessary. Also it's worth looking around (google), probably someone has already written it.

5. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Sit down in-front of main PC (PC 1) - reach down to your left, pick up shotgun, point shotgun at PCs 2, 3, 4, and 5, pulling trigger after each one

Job done

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    no, this is not perfect: I'd placed all PCs in line and shot into the first one and all others go down the same time. This saves a lot of bullets. Most perfect is when puttn your head in between the first PC and the gun :D

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    reminds me to AND/OR/NO in any way

8. GezoeSloog

GezoeSloog knows a guy, who knows another guy.

Feb 10, 2012
    Why use another PC if you want to shutdown others at certain time? :confused:

Win+R: shutdown /i

9. tester2

tester2 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    #9 tester2, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    (OP)
    thanks for your fast replies guys,

i am in a Home of 3 Floors, all the PC's are in diffrent Rooms and on Diffrent floors, but all of the connected to Internet with one ISP Provider,.

I am not having like you guys Programming background, i just need a solid Prepaired Script, sothat i can Install on Windows 8 PC, to Shut Down all other PC's by issuing a COMMAND, in the evening around 9PM, so that my Kids & my Brother Kids etc should not use PC's any more once I shut Down from my Windows 8 PC.

or any TELNET software etc, if it make this job eassy then i am ready to install that Software also, only the condition all 4 TERMINAL must shut down at the same time, with out waiting for them to finish their incomplete work.

So any already written Scripts or Commands, if any body know i will give a try.

i really want to do this in my Home.

Thanlks

10. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    I think you're on to something here! Awesome, ...there's even more sockets for future network expansion. (3 xtra terminals) :)

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    install Teamviewer on each machine and shut them down remotely every day since they all are in the same LAN/Wlan. Set a pass for each machine so that kids have no access later on after you have shut them down (not the kids but the machines)

12. tester2

tester2 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    #12 tester2, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    (OP)
    i alreadyInstalled Teamviewer9 on all 5 PC's,
    1)--when i sit on my Wind ows8 PC to shutdown, then i have to do all the 4 PC's 1 by 1, it is not going to shutdown all at a time. (i have to login into each pc 1 by 1 then i have to shutdown manually 1 by 1 each P, takes time to do this manual process).
    2)--some time they Disale the Teamviewer on their PC's, so could not Shut down in this Case their PC.

So i am looking for some more reliable solution, so that they can't DISABLE any thing in their PC. Total Control of their PC's must have on Windows 8 PC.

Hope you guys knows more about this.
    thanks

13. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Are you trying to block access to the internet ? or really power down the Pc's

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    honesty, I would speak with my kids very precisely instead of letting them make a fool out of myself :eek:

15. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #15 murphy78, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I think you can do this with shutdown -m commands though I'm not entirely sure how to get the relevant permissions...
    Code:
    shutdown -m \\livingroompc -r -c "This system will shutdown in 60 seconds" -t 60
    You could make a script and just call the command and change the name of the target pcs

Again, I have no idea how to get your system the authority over the other systems.

16. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    /f for force/kill process that wont exit

17. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    #18 Bytebuster, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  18. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I used to shutdown ppls computers at work If they was being to loud on the phones (call center) and would do my best not to roll out my cubical onto the ground laughing when one of them started flipping out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...