How to soft mod your wii VERSION 4.2 to play burned games and from a usb drive:

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by armada, Jul 2, 2010.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #1 armada, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Great work armada. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    thanks i got the 2 fowarders uploaded for the home channels ill finish that part later today..

4. emadshesht

emadshesht MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2010
    Thank you for your grate work you did, I'm only a bigener and I still ahve some questions if you allow me:
    Should I have to go thru all the steps in order to be able to play games from copy CD's?
    I got lost in this step, is it possible to make it more easy for me to understand? "STEP 4: this is only for those who were able to install bootmi as boot2 SHOULD BACKUP THEIR NAND RIGHT AWAY!!! If bootmii was installed as ios, then you don't need this step, although you can make one just in case. Mind that you will need a Gamecube controller tho if bootmii was an ios"
    How could I know which one I need to do?
    Last one, how can I try again using 249, 250, 222, 223, 36, 37, I'm not familiar with this issue.
    Thank you and best regards

5. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    some systems will not allow you to choose ios during the install of bootmi if this is the case you will have to use boot2 and then follow step 4. otherwise if you can select ios then forget about step4. if it lets you select either one simply pick ios.

about the second question reg Step 6: At the beginning you should see ios249 highlighted. Now press left on the wii pad until you see "Do not reload IOS" at the ios select screen, press A. (as said in section 2 if this do not reload ios selection does not work try again using 249, 250, 222, 223, 36, 37... and others. Switching to one of these may work for you. be sure to restart your wii after each attempt)

if you re read this its exactly as it says. you should see ios249 listed. press left and keep doing it till you see the "do not reload ios" as the choice. then proceed. watch the screen if it says install failed then repeat this step and select on of the others listed. starting with 249 etc....

6. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Thanks for the tip

7. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
  8. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    Hello armada!

I am totally new to mod/wii I recently receive as a gift a 25 Anniversary Wii System (The Red One With Super Mario Bros Wii) and I want to know if I can use this guide to mod this wii (v4.3u) Factory, so its Virgin.

I was recently reading some sites about moding wii 4.3u and some say that i don't need Indiana Jones or the other game is that true, if is true how can do it, hopefully no need of those I don't have them anyways, only have SD card Sandisk 4gigs and some files for modding it but not sure... kind of scared of briking it please help

9. DARKOR04

Jul 5, 2010
    Can't download part 2 from box.net

10. DARKOR04

Jul 5, 2010
    Never mind, managed to softmod my Wii Red v4.3u with ModMii without any problems, AWESOME APP the best way to softmod a Wii System hehe ;).

11. rf4burns

rf4burns MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2011
    usb

Can you use 2 4gb usb sticks instead of an sd card and usb as one for games and other for proggrames

plz help:wiggle: