[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by s1ave77, Jul 19, 2015.

1. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #1521 ratzlefatz, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. astriapo

astriapo MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2017
    Code:

Thank you so much for this!  It was a big help..

3. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #1523 ratzlefatz, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    - A new O2016RTool version was released today (2017/June/04) -

Changes:

PROGRAM-STARTUP
    - Improved "New Version available Check" on all official distribution channels:

As O2016RTool's "new version"-check now relys on Microsoft's Office content
    delivery server and I'm not sure whether the information will be always correct,
    I have implemented a more detailed error detection- / info-routine.

(D) DOWNLOAD OFFICE 2016 OFFLINE INSTALL PACKAGE
    - Improved "New Version available Check":

As already known from official channels, "new current version" is now checked
    and preselected at manual channel-id selection, too. You don't need to know
    the version number, you always get the newest version from unknown channels.

(K) START KMS ACTIVATION
    - updated KMS solution VLMCSD from hotbird64 to build 1110 (May 31, 2017)

(T)] DISABLE ACQUISITION AND SENDING OF TELEMETRY DATA
    - corrected error in settings for shown "First Things First" window

No other changes were made.

Download links in OP and checksums were updated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Zopeman

Zopeman MDL Junior Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Hi
    I picked up this morning...
    Version 1705 (Build 8201.2075) though the in prog update feature (Current Channel).
    However when I tried to download this with the latest Tool (4th June) no new version was reported on my machine.
    The latest current build .txt file also states 16.0.8067.2157

I am confused.
    Is there a problem or am I misinterpreting the way this should work?
    Thanks

5. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #1525 ratzlefatz, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    After testing I'm confused, too.
    For "Current" channel, latest download version offered by MS is 16.0.8067.2157
    (checked today), but internal Office update downloads new build 16.0.8201.2075.
    Update: This new version can be downloaded If build# 16.0.8201.2075 is manually
    entered (overriding preselected version 16.0.8067.2157) in download dialogue. But
    if I were you, I would resist and wait a few days. See my comments below.

The "version check" in new O2016RTool downloads the file "V32.CAB" of all known
    distribution channels from official Microsoft Office content delivery server.
    Inside "V32.CAB" archive there is a file "VersionDescriptor.xml" and this file normally
    contains the following information "Available Build" stating the Office version number.

O2016RTool relys on this information. So I'm sorry, but I can only deliver what is
    presented by Microsoft. To me it seems, there is some confusion at MS site's
    revisioning system affecting update and download. In the past I experienced that
    a new version was announced by O2016RTool and some hours later it changed
    back to the prior build. And considering the fact, "Insider Slow" had more recent
    builds than "Insider Fast" the last days, says it all. I would assume, that "Insider
    Fast" should have the newest features (build-#s), but apparently this is not MS's
    logic. Strange enough: "Current", "Insider Fast" and "Insider Slow" all have the
    same build now. That can't be correct! Oh Microsoft! First delivering an internal
    Windows 10 developer version as update, now this Office build chaos.
    What a mess!

6. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #1529 ratzlefatz, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  7. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #1530 ratzlefatz, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    - A new O2016RTool version was released today (2017/June/09) -

Changes:

PROGRAM-STARTUP
    - Changed "New Version available Check":

O2016RTool now uses the same check as it is done by Office Deployment Tool.
    This new check is more accurate than testing an outdated/not synched V32.CAB.

Of course this is valid only, until Microsoft changes something in ODT checking routine.
    Then the cat-and-mouse-game starts anew... :p

No other changes were made.

Download links in OP and checksums were updated.

8. Threshold

Threshold MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
    Hi guys,

I run Windows 10 pro x64 and today i decided to upgrade Office from 2013 to 2016.

I first uninstalled the old Office 2010 x64, rebooted and than installed Office 2016 x86 from some old images I downloaded from the forums a while ago.
    Installation and activation went fine so I run Windows update and installed all necessary updates.
    The system rebooted but after 5 minutes I got a bsod (something I hadn't seen since Vista) and the system went in a series of reboots.
    Since system restore did not work I had to restore from an image I had created before installation.

I than decided to install Office 2016 x86 from O2016Rtool using the Online Web Setup (Option 2).
    That seem to go well but when I tried to convert and activate I got the following message:
    "Supported Office 2016 product not found".
    I than proceeded to a "cleanup" of old Office remnants using the MS tool and manually deleting the tokens.dat file but that didn't solve the issue.

I than removed Office 2016 too and installed it again using option 1 Local Setup.
    The installation seemed to got stuck or at least the office window although all products seem to have been installed and i was presented with the O2016Rtool window asking for my next step.
    I selected convert but i got again the same message: "Supported Office 2016 product not found".

The programs seem to work fine but have 4 days grace period left: any idea what i might be doing wrong and how to solve this?

Many thanks to whomever can help.

9. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #1532 ratzlefatz, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    This looks to me, as if the 'old images' are "VLSC Volume Versions". What filename do they have?
    And I assume for uninstall you used standard -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features
    -> Office 2010 uninstaller.
    This may have been the reason for all the following errors. From post#4 FixIt-Tool for Office 2010
    is the better choice for a successful uninstall. Attention! There are 2 different FixIt's, one for 2010
    and one for 2016. They are not the same.
    So restored backup-image still has Office 2010 parts remaining on the system. But your description
    of the symptoms lead me to the conclusion there is something more broken on your system.
    This may be the result from a partial removed Office 2010 Volume and a mixed Office installation
    with Office 2016 Click2Run.
    I assume you only used FixIt-Tool for Office 2016, but you must use FixIt-Tool for 2010 to remove
    Office 2010.
    -> FixIt-Tool for Office 2016 !
    This may come from the fact, that parts of Office 2010 / Office 2016 are still there and interfere
    the detection.
    Don't mix Office versions. You will run into trouble by doing this. Always use FixIt-Tool, not
    the standard uninstaller from control panel. This is advice from own, sadly experiences.

To resolve, do the following:
    - Restore first backup image again (so we have the same install base as before).
    - Round 1:
    - Download and start FixIt-Tool for Office 2010 (This will remove recognized old Office 2010)
    - Reboot !!
    - Round 2:
    - Start Office 2010 FixIt-Tool again and run it a second time (This will remove any remaining Office 2010 debris, if there is any left from Round 1)
    - Reboot again !!
    - Then start O2016RTool and use "1 local setup"

I am sure, now it will be recognized and you can proceed with conversion and activation.

10. Threshold

Threshold MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
  11. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #1534 ratzlefatz, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  12. Threshold

Threshold MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
    I guess I'll do the nth system restore and keep Office 2013 for now until I can do a total reinstall.
    Maybe, out of curiosity, I'll try the volume licences again and see if they cause an unbootable system again but this time i will clean everything better.
    The images I got from a torrent found on here so they should be ok but I will see if I can checksum them before trying them again.
    If\when I'll do this I will report back the results as they might be of interest for some.

Thanks a lot for your help.

13. Outcast

Outcast MDL Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I suggest you do a clean Windows installation. System Restore does not really work 100% all the time.

14. Safirion

Safirion MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    Hi,

When I type any letter on the main menu of O2016RTool (june version), I heard a "beep" but it write nothing on the CMD so I can't do anything. Very strange because when I use this tool before it never happends.

I'm on Windows 10 Insider 16199.

Thank's by advance

15. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    In admin CMD:
    Code:
    reg add "HKCU\Console" /v "ForceV2" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

16. Safirion

Safirion MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    Thank you very much. It work fine :)