[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by s1ave77, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Fortune

Fortune MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    UPDATE.

Weird or what...

1. I reinstalled windows from the DVD on a newly formatted hard disk.
    2 Ran the FixIt Tool just to be sure there were no traces of Office (twice, rebooting in between each) .
    4 No traces of Office were reported. Rebooted.
    5 Ran o2016RTool and installed Word, Excel and Outlook from a previously downloaded file 16.0.8229.2073_en-US_x64_Current located on another hard drive.
    6. Once installation was complete and without opening an office app, or rebooting, I ran the Registry queries. See output attached.
    7. Ran option (C) the conversion : Supported Office 2016 product no found?

I also noted that an Office 15 folder was created (described previously) during the installation. I am absolutely sure of this because I triple checked its existence beforehand. I have also performed an Acronis restore of the system and can confirm this directory did not exist prior to installation.

Next steps:

Disconnect all other hard drives.
    Run a new download, try another installation and report back.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Fortune

Fortune MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    Disconnected all other hard drives.
    Ran a new download of Office, tried another partial installation (Word, Excel, Outlook).

Same results as before!

3. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #1563 ratzlefatz, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fortune

Fortune MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    My PowerShell output is the same as yours, see attached file.

Retail2VL successfully converted. However KMS_VL_ALL, Ver. 6.9. beta(3), reported that activation has failed. Microsoft Toolkit 2.6.2 also reported activation failure after installing AutoKMS

Hell I appreciate all your help to date. I too am interested to dig around as to why the 02016RTool does not seem to be working in this instance. However, getting Office 2016 to activate on Windows 10 is not a huge priority for me at the moment as my main system is still Windows 7 based. With your guidance, I would be happy to provide input to help resolve this but please bare in mind that my responses may be spasmodic for the following reasons:

1. Live coverage of the Tour de France on tele.
    2. Wimbeldon fortnight: Nadal vs Muller yesterday was truly amazing
    3. I'm bass fishing on the Jurassic coast here in the U.K. most mornings at dawn.

Life is busy but in a very pleasant way.

I'm no expert but it would appear that 'a clean image' created by Microsoft's MediaCreationTool also includes historical references of office installations.

Attached Files:

5. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #1565 ratzlefatz, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Thinkpoint

Thinkpoint MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2017
    I have already installed and activated Office 2016 Proplus, project pro and visio pro using MTK.
    If I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, will that break the autoKMS activation?

7. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #1567 ratzlefatz, Jul 12, 2017
    It's a complete operating system change. Depending on Win7 installed
    software basis, everything from no impacts to complete KMS activation
    malfunction can happen after upgrading Win7 system to Windows 10.
    From own experience in such a case, I always suggest to install Windows
    10 fresh from scratch and not to use an upgraded system. And this always
    was a good advice. It pays, spending time to re-install OS and software. Of
    course all KMS activation solutions such as MTK, KMS_VL_ALL, KMSPico
    and all others (O2016RTool) work with Windows 10.

8. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Propably, since Office licensing service differ between two OSs

but it's easier to just uninstall autokms, upgrade, then re-install

9. Thinkpoint

Thinkpoint MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2017
    I don't really agree that it is a complete operating system change, because Windows 10 is supposed to run everything Windows 7 can run, including drivers and apps which use different services. If Office 2016 does not create new services after the upgrade, it should not be able to break activation. The question is if Microsoft implemented such a switch or not. I think I will test it out. It's a matter of preference, but I do not like Windows 10 and I prefer to spend double the effort to install Windows 7 first.

10. Thinkpoint

Thinkpoint MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2017
    #1570 Thinkpoint, Jul 12, 2017
    If I don't uninstall autokms before upgrading, can I uninstall it after I upgrade?

Edit: Office 2016 licensing services should only be created during install, but I'm not sure if there are any triggers implemented by Microsoft if one upgrades to Windows 10.

11. l33tissw00t

l33tissw00t MDL Addicted

Dec 6, 2012
  12. umek

umek MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2017
    Hi everyone,

Suppose I installed the Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus VL 16.0.4266.1001 (x86 / x64) [En] using the MTK 2.6.2. Would I have to deactivate automatic windows update in the future to possibly prevent detection that I am using an unlicensed version?

Thank you!

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Updates won't undo KMS activation, AV's do, create exceptions for all KMS relates files.

14. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Why don't you use your configuration.xml with that installer? it seems to accept it:
    Code:
    setupproplusretail.x86.en-us /?

Office Deployment Tool

SETUP [mode] [path]

SETUP /download [path to configuration file]
    SETUP /configure [path to configuration file]
    SETUP /packager [path to configuration file] [output path]
    SETUP /help

/download Downloads files to create an Office installation source
     /configure Adds, removes, or configures an Office installation
     /packager Produces an Office App-V package from an Office installation source
     /help Displays this message

15. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    #1576 ratzlefatz, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Just curious: Did you try to use your HUP-keys to activate a regular C2R ProPlus install?
    You could use standard ODT and your configure.xml file for download and install.

16. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    With a little more patience waiting for download/install to finish, he should have got an activated Office corresponding to the HUP key.
    I wish luck to him.

17. ratzlefatz

Sep 1, 2012
    Just for info regarding "Office not being detected" (problem from user Fortune, see some of the above posts):

It turns out, that "Kaspersky Internet Security" was found to be guilty for that behavior.
    This (AV interference) is mentioned in pos. 1.) of post#4 "Causes for Office install errors".
    File "O2016RTool.cmd" and O2016RTool's folder must be excluded from AV's program
    activity scanning.

MS-Defender does not show such a behaviour at the moment and therefore can stay
    active.

18. l33tissw00t

l33tissw00t MDL Addicted

Dec 6, 2012
    So, it doesn't accept it. Tried all /download /configure, etc, just shows the same /help information. However, I dragged the xml onto the exe, and it did run (i already have office installed on this pc, so i couldnt test further). wonder if that would work..