How to totally wipe clean Samsung Galaxy Note II?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by The Progen, Jan 15, 2013.

1. The Progen

The Progen MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    I got this Note II just last week which the damned shop staff must have fooled around a bit because it has this little image hidden somewhere inside promoting some Japanese adult video site. I've tried wiping the partition and user data thing clean a few times. Formatted the micro SD card a few times too but it's still there. Seems like it's hidden in the phone itself because it'll come back after a while even without the micro SD card inside.

The image is called Untitled-1.jpg and it can't be deleted or moved. It can only be edited or shared. Those are the two options and nothing else.

Does anyone here know how to do a real wipe of the phone? It's kind of troublesome for me to bring it back to the shop because it was bought from another state by a friend as a gift.

2. The Progen

The Progen MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    The virus or whatever seems to be hidden in the phone itself because I've tried to wipe the partition and done a factory reset a few times without the micro SD card inside and it's still there.

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...