How to uncombine same application in taskbar ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ExaMiner, Jul 31, 2014.

1. ExaMiner

ExaMiner MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2014
    Hi,

I have a rather uncommon question as it seems, because it's hard to find an answer on the internet as it seems o_O
    I'm after a non application solution, to seperate the same application in the taskbar.
    Pictures describe more than words, so this is what I'm after:

The standard Windows way to "never combine" taskbar items looks like this (no gap - individual items can't be moved seperately):

See "Combined.jpg"

And I'm after this solution here:

See "Seperated.jpg"

It was realised with the "7+ Taskbar Tweaker", but I don't want to use an extra application just for that one feature, which has to always run in the background etc.

Is there a way to do it by some registry hackery or other file manipulation ?

I hope you guys can help me :)

Regards,
    ExaMiner

Attached Files:

2. ExaMiner

ExaMiner MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2014
    Yup I read that, but I didn't gave up hope ... especially not on this board :)

Check the screenshots I provided ... there is a gap between each instance of IE, which would allow me to move them seperately.
    The "never combine" variant from Windows would only allow me to move the whole gang of all opened instances.

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    ok I see the gap now, honestly never noticed something like that before lol

4. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    #6 oldsh_t, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    @ ExaMiner

>Right click in the task bar
    >Select "Properties"
    >In the "Taskbar" tab
    >Look at "Taskbar buttonss:"
    >In the drop down select "Never combine"
    >Click "Apply"
    >Click "OK"

I have always had this set, but never knew you could move them around until now:D
    But let me just say that when I opened FireFox 3 times they were stuck together and moved as one. But anything else that I opened would be separate. I never tried IE.