How to uninstall RemoveWAT?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AnimeFrostyFreak671, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnimeFrostyFreak671

AnimeFrostyFreak671 MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Hey guys im back and I want to know if you can actually uninstall RemoveWAT.
    I really want to uninstall it but it has been already like 3 months since I used it I think and IDK if you can still uninstall it and use daz's loader.
    !!!Please help me on this!!!
    Thanks.

2. AnimeFrostyFreak671

Jun 26, 2010
    I can not uninstall RemoveWAT because whenever i use the RestoreWAT option it gets an error message saying,""An error ocurred while installing.Path to C:\Windows\System32\slwga has been denied.Click OK to ignore the issue and continue installing,or click Quit to exit the application"
    Any help please?

3. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Then you just need to use the WATFix then run sfc /scannow after it's done rebooting.

4. AnimeFrostyFreak671

Jun 26, 2010
    If I click RestoreWAT I will get an error message as the one earlier and like when I click Quit the explorer.exe proccess stops then I have to restart MY COMPUTER.
    Please help me on this.
    I have had RemoveWAT installed for 4 months.

5. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    It's pretty simple .... Since your having issues with the RestoreWAT option you NEED to download the WATFix that i linked let it run, then the pc will reboot once WATFix is finished. Once your back on your desktop you need to open a Command Prompt - click on your start button type in cmd, right click and run as admin type in sfc /scannow let that run. Once you have done those steps you should be able to use Daz's Loader. If you can not follow these steps then there is not much anyone can do to help.

6. AnimeFrostyFreak671

Jun 26, 2010
    Thanks for the info but I just leave the WAT removed by RemoveWAT and just use the WATFix?
    then after it reboots I do the sfc /scannow?

7. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    Sigh .... RemoveWat is broken thats why you can't reverse it. It's also why i said run WATFix it will FIX what Removewat messed up. If you also do the sfc /scannow after the reboot from WATFix, it double checks your windows file permissions and fixes them if any are found to be bad.

8. AnimeFrostyFreak671

Jun 26, 2010
    RemoveWAT SUCKS.
    LOL.
    It really does that is why I started this thread.

9. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    RemoveWAT was never meant to be an activator. It was just another alternative in the long line of "fixes". So go do what i said then come back if you have any issues.