How to unpack, mod bios and then flash it.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by purgaxo, May 26, 2016.

1. purgaxo

purgaxo MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #1 purgaxo, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    What is needed:Unpacking(guide) Acer flasher files (*.fd files) and then modding them (Insyde H2O).
    I searched a lot in this forum but didn't found any relevant topic. I found only requests for which ones forum bios modding gurus reply with already modded bios to flash it further but they never say what exactly was done. I see recently a lot of requests from people who needs help but nobody replies (really a lot!). Maybe forum gurus can share with us their "secret methodology" and "technologies"? Of course there is no responsibility and guarantee from their side in case of any problems what can occur with PC/Laptop. Some of us would like to add SLIC 2.1, some just wants an advanced menu, some wants remove whitelist check but we never get replies and we would like to do/mod bios by our self, saving gurus gold time.

In my case I have flasher but unable unpack it properly and moreover I don't know how to mod it to open advanced menu. In my point of view information should be free and shared. That's how social world and internet communities work.

2. TheCandyManHK

TheCandyManHK MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2015
    #2 TheCandyManHK, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016

True and acer community is a waste of space and only have two people running general discussion forums? one who deals with parts and another person who only knows how to uninstall things and try that and see if that work, sadly no real help what so ever and still i have problems with my laptop since monday also ask about how to do a bios.bin flash and doesn't give me any sort of bloody solution to sort out the problem ..

3. purgaxo

Oct 21, 2009
    Exactly. Official forums/support forums of laptop vendors is useless. They provide "support" for people treating them like kids. If you start asking something related to hardware or deep technical question they disappear or advice you go to Service center/repair shop. So my last resort for help was always MDL but nowadays as I already said said I see very bad stats about how forum is living.. :( No help, no hope and so on..

4. TheCandyManHK

Jun 26, 2015
  5. purgaxo

Oct 21, 2009
    Agree with you and feeling sorry for what you going through but I would like to focus on admins/moderators and other gurus/bios modders to this main topic idea. I would like them pay attention and at least to hear some opinion from them.

6. TheCandyManHK

Jun 26, 2015
    Only one person who can help on here when it comes to bios is DBMaster that guy a legend .. I think your going to be wasting your time on here with this because nobody care its all about me me me ... good luck anyway ..