How to voice command your computer from anywhere in your home.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Salvex, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Salvex

Salvex MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2012
    #1 Salvex, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    MDL,

I am overjoyed by the warm welcomes and positive feedback from my previous question. I've decided to share a small project of mine. This will allow you to create your own voice commands for your computer to recognize and what actions to take. You can speak into your phone from anywhere within range of your home wifi, and have your computer react to the command. How cool is that?

(Had to remove the http and www prefix of links because of link limitations)

Step 1)
    Download E-Speaking and setup any custom commands you'd like your computer to recognize from voice.
    e-speaking.com

Step 2)
    Download PocketAudio app for your phone, and the server for your PC.
    senstic.com/iphone/pocketaudio/download.aspx

Step 3)
    Using your home Wifi, you can connect to the server from your phone, and command E-Speaking on what to do. If you're like me, you'll set the speech recognition to use ONLY the PocketAudio interface (see step 4)

Step 4)
    Go to: Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition and click "Advanced speech options". At the bottom beside microphone, you'll see a button named "Advanced", this is where you can specify the audio input device. This way, your computer will not try to constantly read commands from you, only when connect from your phone.

I sometimes preconfigure commands and use them when guests are over. Also, for music playlists, turning off monitor, etc. It seems a little Sci-Fi to guests who aren't very tech savvy. Feel free to give it a shot and let me know what you think.