How to wipe DELL SLIC?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by doclucas, Feb 27, 2010.

1. doclucas

doclucas MDL Junior Member

Jan 2, 2010
    I have 2 computers here with 2 completely different GIGABYTE motherboards, on which I installed modded BIOSs (added DELL SLIC to their bios).
    GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard and GA-P35-DS3L motherboard.
    I was trying to change the DELL SLIC to other ones (using AWARD TOOL and the SSV3 method) or even completely wipe the DELL SLIC by flashing the original BIOSs, downgrading and upgrading original BIOSs, but no matter what I do - the SLIC doesn't change, it keeps showing DELL.
    After flashing them with the original BIOSs, I even tried removing the Mobo batteries for several minutes to make sure they reset completely, but this didn't help either. It seems to be a very persistent SLIC.
    Is there any way I can wipe the SLIC or change it?

2. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    maybe you have a loader ? so anyhow you change your bios, the loader always modifies to dell ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    How are you checking for the presence of SLIC? I remember flashing with a modded dell bios and the slic failed to show up in the version of SLIC Dump Toolkit I was using at that time. Then tried an older version and it showed up. So if you're using SLIC Dump toolkit, try a different version. You can also try a loader like Omdhar's which shows SLIC.

4. doclucas

Jan 2, 2010
    I doubt that, coz I also have windows XP installed on another drive and I was testing it there too - shows the same results [ie. DELL SLIC].

5. doclucas

Jan 2, 2010
    I am viewing through WIN7 through the SLIC Toolkit 3.2 and MGADiag.exe, both report it's DELL SLIC.

6. doclucas

Jan 2, 2010
    #6 doclucas, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    (OP)
    I just tested with SLIC Toolkit 2.3F and it also report the SLIC is DELL (DELL QA09 to be exact)

7. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Did you remove all partitions and re added them, there is 1 partition from windows 7 (very low one) that stores activation stuff there if you used a loader....if you dont delete it it will keep telling you you have a slic in the bios.

8. doclucas

Jan 2, 2010
    You mean the 100MB Partition?

9. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah the little one.

10. doclucas

Jan 2, 2010
    I never had a loader installed, and as far as I know the 100MB is important system partition that should not be deleted. As I also wrote - I tested it with windows XP that is not affected by that partition or any possible loaders, and XP also report that the BIOS SLIC is DELL QA09...any suggestions?

11. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #11 Michel, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    Wrong!, even if you reformatted your pc and reinstalled xp the loader will keep active on that partition. Maybe you used a loader for vista or something.

12. doclucas

Jan 2, 2010
    But my windows XP is located on a completely different HDD, when I boot into XP I use a different physical drive...

13. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Hmm in that case i dont know, the bios should be reflashed then and put out the battery from the mobo.

14. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    What are the original bioses and what version and brand of SLIC did they have originally (if any)?

15. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Mobos have two BIOS chips? Search to flash them both

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. doclucas

Jan 2, 2010
    Let's say I do have a loader installed that loads the DELL SLIC every time, how can I find out what it is and how can I remove it?

17. Boyfriend

Feb 10, 2010
    Use VOATK Tools or install latest Daz loader --> reboot --> then uninstall Daz loader (it will overwrite previous loader(s) and then uninstall itself).

18. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    IDK if it will work on all loaders but you can try Hazar's 1.6.1d loader and use the option that says "Repair Activation". This will restore the windows default activation and also remove the loader if any is present. You can try it dude and see what happens. Boyfriend might be on to something too though cause some MoBos have 2 bios chips just in case and maybe the slic went to the backup chip which will still get it to show up as Dell 2.1

19. Boyfriend

Feb 10, 2010
    Many Gigabyte boards feature dual BIOS, but the mobo should have a jumper near BIOSes to select the default one, or check the BIOS setup. It should have an option to switch over to other BIOS chip.

20. doclucas

Jan 2, 2010
    damn! turns out I had a loader installed....thanks everyone for all your help!!