Howto... integrate OEM-Bios files and OEM SLP Key in W7 Iso??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by peter_58_ha, Jan 19, 2011.

1. peter_58_ha

peter_58_ha Red Pete

Sep 30, 2009
    Hi guys!

Im not sure how to solve this problem:

I did those steps: The Official Windows 7 Repository and got a correct working ISO-file, runs well!

Now I want to integrate the "original" bios files and SLP-Key for DELL computers into my ISO. Im using R7 lite and managed to integrate SP1 right now. Got the DELL SLP key for Ultimate but how and where have i to put the OEM-files ???
    Thx for your help!
    Best regards

Peter

2. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    go to the MDL projects section, and look for the "Windows 7 DVD (Multi Brand Multi Edition) Activation" thread... it's one of the first non-sticky threads

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    There are no OEMBios files for W7.. You just need slic 2.1 in BIOS, certificate and OEM:SLP key. I also suggest you take a look at searchengines script, its fabolous!

4. FukenGruven

FukenGruven MDL Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. peter_58_ha

peter_58_ha Red Pete

Sep 30, 2009
    Ty FukenGruven!

I did that and installation was fine... but: cant activate W7SP1 onlioe on my Dell PC, wrong key was displayed..
    Any hints in this case?

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If you have slic 2.1 in bios then it should pre activate no need to activate online. I suggest you download SLIC dump toolkit and run it it will tell you if slic 2.1 is present in bios.

7. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    you're not supposed to activate windows online on an OEM SLIC installation... if you entered the key from the sticker on the side of your computer, you must do phone activation
    otherwise, it should have been automatically activated with SLIC 2.1 because of the $OEM$ folder anyway... if it asked you for the product key during installation, then your system is lacking SLIC 2.1 or the wrong certificate was used... for SLIC 2.1 (offline) activation, you must have SLIC 2.1 in the bios, a matching certificate and key, which the $OEM$ folder is supposed to provide

if you have no SLIC 2.1, then you need to modify your bios to have it, or use a loader

EDIT: and yes, as urie says, use SLIC dump toolkit to determine if you have SLIC 2.1 in your bios

8. peter_58_ha

peter_58_ha Red Pete

Sep 30, 2009
    yes, the BIOS is the problem...

SLIC dump toolkit reports 2.0 and there is no newer BIOS for those machines -> DELL Precision Workstation 390, BIOS is 2.6.0 bad bad bad...
    what to do now in thisa case? Use the DAZ-Loader to activate??

Ty again for your help!

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Use daz loader or request bios mod in correct section.

P.s. you could also use Windows 7 DVD (Multi Brand Multi Edition) version with daz loader.

10. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    if you can't find a modded bios to download, you can make it yourself... it is very easy as long as you carefully follow the instructions in andyp's tools, I've done it to multiple dells already where none exist on mdl... yes there's a risk, but I had no problems so far... the resulting patched dell bios exe won't work in 7, you'll need to boot into DOS to flash the bios (the dell exe files usually has DOS flasher code in it also, making it "all in one" for dos/windows)... it will work in xp or older of course ;)

11. peter_58_ha

peter_58_ha Red Pete

Sep 30, 2009
    got it!!

found a slic (modded???) BIOS on the net, works fine! Dump reports 2.1 and the W7 SP1 with integrated german language pack works fine and reports "activated" right after install!

ty all for you help!