Howto Shadow Session w/RDP Multiuser?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by theonetrueace, Mar 10, 2014.

1. theonetrueace

theonetrueace MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    So many thanks to everyone involved to the original version of this hack for previous versions of windows, and a special thanks to those who put in the time to bring it to windows 8.1 pro. I have it working but I can't figure out how to shadow a session. Does anyone know how? The option isn't there when I right click on the session under users tab in task manager; where it was in 7. Thanks in advance!

2. theonetrueace

theonetrueace MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    Found it...if anyone is looking....

mstsc /shadow:<sessionid> /control /noConsentPrompt

So now I've got to figure out how to get around this error: The Group Policy setting is configured to require the user's consent. Verify the configuration of the policy setting.

The GP editor won't let me in because I'm not on a domain user account, so I guess the setting is in the registry somewhere. Any ideas?

3. theonetrueace

theonetrueace MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    Continuing down the rabbit hole...

The following site has been somewhat helpful: etutorials.org/Microsoft+Products/microsoft+windows+server+2003+terminal+services/Chapter+6+Registry/Registry+Keys+for+Terminal+Services/

I set fInheritShadow = 0 and Shadow = 2, but no change. It allows me to shadow through the cmd above but asks for permission.

Stuck again....

4. theonetrueace

theonetrueace MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2013
    Well I'm an idiot.... Local Group Policy Editor -> Comp Config/Admin Templates/Win Comp/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Connections/Set rules for remote control of Remote Desktop Services user sessions = Enabled:Full Control w/o user's permission

Also figured out how to get session ids... CMD->"query session"

Hope this info helps someone...