HP 8710P Bios Setup Password.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by 3bqruk, Feb 22, 2012.

1. 3bqruk

3bqruk MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2010
    As the title states, looking to removal this. Computer received by me in a trade. Thanks for any assistance.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. 3bqruk

3bqruk MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2010
    Checked out that site- no luck. Thanks for your response.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Any error code after wrong passwords??

5. 3bqruk

3bqruk MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2010
    No, just the same beep i got when entering the wrong pw before.I can boot into windows just fine, just like to remove other peoples crap.:confused:

6. 3bqruk

3bqruk MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2010
    No, but I get this symbol.

HP bios - Locked13.jpg

7. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    I want to say the hp mobile workstation laptops of this era can have their password defeated simply by removing the CMOS (RTC) battery. I have worked in the ITAD industry for some time, and this was a common fix for alot of these models.

• Remove the main battery.
    • Loosen the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the expansion memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover to the bottom of the notebook.
    • Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the edge of the expansion memory/wireless LAN Minicard cover and remove it.
    • Disconnect the RTC battery cable from the system board.

Hold the power button down for 30 seconds to discharge any remaining power (I even plugged the unit in while still depressing the power button.

Power on the unit and it should beep, and display a message that time and date is not set...enter bios password free. reconnect RTC battery.

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    on some cases shorting the battery terminals work if the battery is soldered on... with power button pressed

9. digitallyfe

digitallyfe MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2011
    #9 digitallyfe, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    won't work if Stringent Protection is activated in the BIOS, in this case you'd need a SPI-programmator to re-flash the BIOS.

actually I've found a nice way to restore your settings to defaults even if you don't know setup password!

Here is an instruction:
    hit F2 some more time on the boot, BIOS will run memory check, hit ESC to cancel it and go to the menu and select 'Restore defaults' after that Hit F10 and save settings, et voila all your settings back to defaults ...

password will still be there if stringent security option is activated, the only way to remove it completely is chip reflashing.