HP Compaq BIOS Crisis Recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by CptSternn, Feb 13, 2010.

1. CptSternn

CptSternn MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    Hi. I have been browsing the forums here and have also been through 40+ pages in the BIOS recovery thread. I made a post there, but thought it might help to post a similar thread outside of that thread in case someone browsing through knew the answer to this specific question.

I have a HP Compaq C350EA which I modded the BIOS and flashed successfully, however it now will not boot. That being said if I go into crisis recovery mode without a USB floppy attached it does one long and two short beeps, which I am told means the boot block is good.

If I plug in the USB floppy and use the crisis recovery disk with my WPH BIOS file, it reads fine.

That being said when I reboot it is still dead. I have tried 12 different versions of phlash16 and two different versions of the BIOS from HP.

I am not the only one with this problem. Three other people I found in the bios recovery thread all with HP/Compaq laptops are having the EXACT same problem. One person suggested after the flash to disconnect the power and hold down the power button to clear the CMOS. I have tried this as well with no joy.

I was hoping someone else out there knew what we are doing wrong. Obviously the system is not totally bricked as it allows us to go into recovery mode. It also reads the floppy. It appears though there is something small we are missing, and I was hoping someone out there knew what that was as it would help out a few people here who are quite stuck!

Thanks in advance

2. CptSternn

CptSternn MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    No joy. YOu can't even get to the boot menu, so its not an option. Also I can properly enter CRM with Win+B - it reads the disk ok, but just doesn't seem to work.

3. Darkon

Darkon MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2012
    How I solved it

I have a pavillion dv7t-7000 laptop.

After I contacted support it all went very quickly.

Take the battery out and unplug power.
    Press on/off button and hold for 20 seconds.
    Put the power back in.
    Start computer normaly.

Hope it helps.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  5. CptSternn

CptSternn MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2010
    Yeah, as pointed out above, your post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. We are discussing BIOS crisis recovery on the motherboard.