HP compaq CQ58-241SA Bios recovery failed

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by koolaidgang, Jul 26, 2014.

1. koolaidgang

koolaidgang MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2014
    #1 koolaidgang, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    My HP compaq has a faulty bios, its display wont turn on and the caps lock led is flashing twice every five seconds which I gather means the bios is corrupt. Ive tried using HP UEFI to recover the bios but it would fail and start a 15 second countdown to restart. Also the HDD doesnt seem to have a HP_TOOL partition. Ive tried downloading the bios update sp62137.exe but I cant find the wph or fd file just a 01885.bin file and Im not sure what to do with it. Ive read a few guides but there doesnt seem to be one pertaining to the CQ58-241SA any help? perhaps a link to a walkthrough/fix ?

:macwheel::macwheel::macwheel::macwheel::macwheel::macwheel::macwheel::macwheel::macwheel:

2. koolaidgang

koolaidgang MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2014
    #3 koolaidgang, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    (OP)
    thanks for the link, it has helped but phoenixtools isnt functioning it keeps giving an error message that the 01885.bin (from
    [FONT=HPSimplified, HPSimplified latin, Arial, sans-serif]sp66770.exe)[/FONT] file is "Not Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI BIOS" also all of the options like manufacturer or slic bios are grey and opaique and Im unable to change them. Ive tried setting it windows xp (sp3) and running it as administrator even placing both the bin file and phoenix in a folder in c:. but it doesnt work, ive tried earlier versions of the bios as well (sp58742.exe). not to sure what to do
    :macwheel::macwheel::macwheel: