HP Compaq Mini 110 (110c-1120SA) bios backup needed please

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by krytonX, Mar 9, 2011.

1. krytonX

krytonX MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi,

does anyone have the exact model of HP Compaq Mini 110 netbook that I need to fix?

I specifically need a backed up bios for the 110c-1120SA model.

I have a problem with my mrs's netbooks bios (CMOS Checksum error on bootup and contstant reboot cycle).

I have tried all of the similar model numbered netbooks bios files that can be found on here or the web but I just keep getting the checksum error.

Thanks in advance ;-)

kX

2. krytonX

krytonX MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi, thanks for responding.

the problem is I cannot boot into windows to run the winflash version of the bios update and as such need either a way to extract the .ROM from the winflash versiion OR a backup of the .ROM from an identical device (110c-1120SA).

the reason I started a new thread was that the last thread was about the bios recovery procedure which is now resolved, I have successfully been completing this process with all versions of the bios that I can find but keep getting a checksum error in the post.

can you help with extracting the .ROM from the winflash bios update file? is this even possible?

cheers
    kX

3. krytonX

krytonX MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2008
    problem solved.

my solution was this

• find a bios backup that would boot without the wifi card plugged in.
    • run the windows7 "repair windows" option
    • run the cmd prompt
    • put the winflash version of the original bios for my machine downloaded from HP website on a SD card and insert it into the netbook
    • browse to the SD card in the CMD prompt and launch the bios update

voila! a now working netbook

4. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
  5. jeanne_0414

jeanne_0414 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2011
    can you post the bios itself? badly need it. thanks