hp/compaq nx7300 won't start with new wireless networ card

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Kygen, May 20, 2012.

1. Kygen

Kygen MDL Novice

May 9, 2012
    #1 Kygen, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
    Hey!

I bought a new wlan card for the nx7300. The card is a BCM94322MC and is compatible with OSX. With the bios provided here (7681-This-is-no-request-thread!-HP-COMPAQ-bioses-how-to-modify-the-bios/page29?p=111460#post111460) and the usb install instructions it booted perfectly and its performance is great. I rebranded it to an apple card through ubuntu.

The problem: When I got this new card it started up fine 3-5 restarts with whitelist removed. Then suddenly it wont boot at all: No hp logo or "press f9/f10...", just blank screen, fans kick in for half a second and some light indicators light for a few seconds. I removed the card reflashed it with original hp bios and then flashed it with the modded one again. The computer boots without hickups 3-5 times. This procedure replayed a couple of times. But now I cannot even boot after reflashing the BIOS with the new card in it.
    If I remove the card it starts up just fine, if I plug in the old card (intel 3945 abg) it boots fine. I never get 104/105 error message with hp bios.

Please help me! :worthy:

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes: Kygen

2. Kygen

Kygen MDL Novice

May 9, 2012
    Please, do someone have any info regarding my problem? o_O