HP Dc7800 Bios Problem Urjent Help Plz

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by zaheerabbas, Feb 17, 2013.

1. zaheerabbas

zaheerabbas MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2013
    Hi,

I am facing a very big problem. I have Hp DC7800 Convertible Minitover. Today i have attempt to update bios driver from Offical Hp website. I download the driver follow the instructions closely, When the HPQFLASh Utility successfully finish the update process they ask me to shut down the computer and i did it but after shutdown my pc was CRASHED (i think). PC Start But did'nt show anything "ONLY A RED LIGHT AND HIGH SOUND BEEP" I did everything (I unplugged all cables hard drive, dvd rom, ram's and plugged again and start pc but it won't start) i need help please help me. THanks

2. zaheerabbas

zaheerabbas MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2013
    ANyone know the Solution?

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    inside 786F1.cab u have the files.
    i believe it needs the rompaq recovery method. (google it)

4. ccspro

ccspro MDL Novice

May 5, 2013
    HP diagnostic page details.

Do a google search for "dc7800 Service Reference Guide - POST Error Messages"

You need to count the red light flashes and keep track of where the beep's are plus how many times that pattern happens before either it works or stops.

Search the page for:
    "Diagnostic Front Panel LEDs and Audible Codes" check beep code 8:
    Red Power LED flashes eight times, once every second, followed by a two second pause. Beeps stop after fifth iteration but LEDs continue until problem is solved.

1. Reflash the system ROM with the latest BIOS image. See the “Boot Block Emergency Recovery Mode�? section of the Desktop Management Guide for more information
    2. Replace the system board.